Accelerated Evolution

VS. outdoor

not really serious business but...

I recently just witnessed an advertisement for VS. Outdoor. Now, i don't even exactly know what they were advertising exactly but maybe other people have seen this ad, and know what i am talking about.

Basically what i saw was, a hunter picking up a "hippie" all while the VS called the 'environmentalist hippie' a "rookie" BECAUSE, hunters have been caring about the earth since Roosevelt.

However, from my prespecitve.....

Most hunters I have seen (through my years of living in rural michigan) use a method "called Baiting." I always took hunting as the dictionary definition...

1. To pursue (game) for food or sport.

2. To search through (an area) for prey: hunted the ridges.

3. To make use of (hounds, for example) in pursuing game.

4. To pursue intensively so as to capture or kill: hunted down the escaped convict.

5. To seek out; search for.

6. To drive out forcibly, especially by harassing; chase away: hunted the newcomers out of town.

I really fail to see how "baiting" (or even sitting in a blind or treestand) can be considered hunting. In fact baiting spreads tuberculosis and presents a very long and painful death for its victims, I seriously fail too see how this in anyway environmental or neigh, humane. Not to mention most hunters i know are usually the most wasteful people in our local wilderness, leaving chew cans, food wrappers, shotgun shells, and beer/soda containers.

Maybe this is just a regional situation. Does anyone notice the same things?

Hunting isn't cool with me, plain and simple. Environmentalist hippies are cool though.*

*they usually smoke their weed with you.

Do you mean all hunting or just the type Rocksteady was referring to?

Hippies, environmentalists.... both blah. (the former, universally and unequivocally. the latter, only on average)

A lot of hunters are stupid hicks who just WANNA SHOOT SOME SHEEYIT. But from my experience hunting (grew up in TX, all of my family and my friends hunted) I was always taught to not kill unless it was going to be eaten. And whatever I shot, I had to shoot to kill so the animal didn't suffer. But we tried not to ever leave any kind of trash out in the wilderness. We made sure to leave everything just as it was when we got there.

Hunting's more or less a necessity in the mid-Atlantic because of our deer population. There's not many other ways to really rapidly reduce the population to protect the surrounding environment.

its the same in the MI. I don't even have anything against hunting really, its just that the lazy redneck methods they call 'hunting' do not have much to do with the actual act of hunting. Also bait piles spread tuberculosis to other deer and cows. thats why MI is always having tuberculosis scares, Because of inbred rednecks.

its the same in the MI. I don't even have anything against hunting really, its just that the lazy redneck methods they call 'hunting' do not have much to do with the actual act of hunting. Also bait piles spread tuberculosis to other deer and cows. thats why MI is always having tuberculosis scares, Because of inbred rednecks.

That's how I feel. There's a difference between real hunting, and the kind of hunting you're addressing here. Real hunting is when you actually hunt for the game, not sit around, drink beer and shoot stuff.

Do you mean all hunting or just the type Rocksteady was referring to?

Hippies, environmentalists.... both blah. (the former, universally and unequivocally. the latter, only on average)

At least hippies are generally pretty open minded.

I mean, the difference between a hippie and a redneck is that they both disapprove of the other's lifestyle but the hippie thinks the redneck should be able to live it, while the redneck doesn't return the feeling.