Accelerated Evolution

Dead Space

Artie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When EA first announced the game it kind of came across to me as generic but since then they've shown off a lot of really cool stuff. The giant alien fights, no hud, and using mining equipment instead of guns all sound awesome.

It's definitely a game to look forward to for the rest of this year.

When EA first announced the game it kind of came across to me as generic but since then they've shown off a lot of really cool stuff. The giant alien fights, no hud, and using mining equipment instead of guns all sound awesome.

That's what I had thought. Even the combat isn't generic shoot them until they fall down. It's based around "strategic dismemberment". the whole way the HUDless interface works with the inventory and everything else is really cool as well, since Isaac (the main character) has it displayed as if he's looking at it himself.

They are only doing this because peter molyneax is doing it, and it was successfully done in the Condemned series. I would bet my life that if this game was to be the first to pioneer the no-hud the EA wouldn't bite. Other than the fact that the no-hud idea isn't all that original this game does look :awesome::headbang: :headbang:.

They are only doing this because peter molyneax is doing it, and it was successfully done in the Condemned series. I would bet my life that if this game was to be the first to pioneer the no-hud the EA wouldn't bite. Other than the fact that the no-hud idea isn't all that original this game does look :awesome::headbang: :headbang:.

I don't think they're doing it just because Fable II has no hud. There have been a lot of survival horror games that have very limited to no hud at all, it's designed to keep the player immersed in the game while not breaking the tension. Most recently Atari did it with their new Alone in the Dark reboot, although it was horrible and clunky.

Even before the Condemned series horror games still had a limited hud. In the original Resident Evil you had to rely on pausing the game to see how much ammo you had and how damaged your character was. Silent Hill was the same way.

I don't think they're doing it just because Fable II has no hud. There have been a lot of survival horror games that have very limited to no hud at all, it's designed to keep the player immersed in the game while not breaking the tension. Most recently Atari did it with their new Alone in the Dark reboot, although it was horrible and clunky.

Even before the Condemned series horror games still had a limited hud. In the original Resident Evil you had to rely on pausing the game to see how much ammo you had and how damaged your character was. Silent Hill was the same way.

The point that I am trying to make is that EA doesn't do or try to do anything groundbreaking really, and by that fact alone the fact that the game has no-hud inst something to get excited about.

The point that I am trying to make is that EA doesn't do or try to do anything groundbreaking really, and by that fact alone the fact that the game has no-hud inst something to get excited about.

Agreed. It's not a huge deal that there isn't going to be a hud, but it's just nice to know you're not going to have to rely on pausing the screen to take out an item or weapon. Nothing more could take away from an action packed moment of drilling a hole into an alien like having to pause the whole game and switch out to a laser cutter to do some more damage.

The only real features I'm hyped about is only using mining equipment instead of guns and the Zero-G portions.

Agreed. It's not a huge deal that there isn't going to be a hud, but it's just nice to know you're not going to have to rely on pausing the screen to take out an item or weapon. Nothing more could take away from an action packed moment of drilling a hole into an alien like having to pause the whole game and switch out to a laser cutter to do some more damage.

That is very true. I hope this is good. Ill probably rent it though before I buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmsDICPnjg

Could someone tell me where the "strategic dismemberment" is in firing repeatedly at enemies with widely affecting shots until they die?

Not even just the bosses J-Stop, even those enemies, shoot off their legs and they will still come at you. You can't just shoot the repeatedly in the head or chest because with many enemies that won't do shit. You actually have to sever their limbs so they can't attack you. That vid isn't exactly high quality so you can't really see where he's aiming and what is coming off the aliens. You pretty much have to tear them limb from limb to subdue and kill them. Check out vids on the actual site or another site with better quality and you can see it.