Accelerated Evolution

I attend University of South Florida and today my classes were canceled in anticipation of Joe Biden's speech at our stadium. So I decided to go since I had nothing else to do.

Holy hell the man seemed a lot more articulate, passionate, and logical when he wasn't on national news. He was also really funny.

All I know about him is what he said in the VP debate. He seems like just another politician. Trying to act middle class as all hell. Pretty lame, really, but he struck me as a lot more intelligent than some people in government, at least.

Like the Daily Show said, Palin essentially challenged Joe 'I still take the motherfucking train to work' Biden to a Common Man-off.

----------------

Now playing: Bad Religion - American Jesus

via FoxyTunes

Like the Daily Show said, Palin essentially challenged Joe 'I still take the motherfucking train to work' Biden to a Common Man-off.

Yeah, that was the VP debate. And Sarah Palin lost pretty hardcore, I thought, if only because a lot of middle class Americans are well educated enough (I hope) to know that her candidate's economic policies are absolute nonsense and have been contributing to the fall of the middle class.

I mean, Obama ain't much better, but still.

You mean like we've been spending trillions of dollars "helping" in the middle east all this time while tottally ignoring America's own problems?

He's got a point. Foreign aid isn't necessarily a bad thing but we're going into debt to pay for idiotic policies that hurt more people than they help...

He's got a point. Foreign aid isn't necessarily a bad thing but we're going into debt to pay for idiotic policies that hurt more people than they help...

And some of those include failed foreign policies, which is why it wouldn't hurt us at all if we elected someone who cares about our relationships with foreign countries.

And some of those include failed foreign policies, which is why it wouldn't hurt us at all if we elected someone who cares about our relationships with foreign countries.

We just shouldn't throw money and guns at other countries' issues when we cannot even sort out our own problems. When we help one group, we just make their enemies our enemies. Look up the history of the US's long involvment in the middle east to see exactly why we should just let other countries alone to sort themselves out.

We just shouldn't throw money and guns at other countries' issues when we cannot even sort out our own problems. When we help one group, we just make their enemies our enemies. Look up the history of the US's long involvment in the middle east to see exactly why we should just let other countries alone to sort themselves out.

And we all know ignoring foreign matters worked out so well while World War II was going on.

And we all know ignoring foreign matters worked out so well while World War II was going on.

And World War II certainly wasn't caused by US involvement in WWI and an incredibly unfair peace treaty, brokered mainly by the Entente.

Weren't you just saying in the other thread that people need to study US history?

And World War II certainly wasn't caused by US involvement in WWI and an incredibly unfair peace treaty, brokered mainly by the Entente.

Weren't you just saying in the other thread that people need to study US history?

Yes, but there is a difference between getting involved and lending aid to foreign countries like Germany, the UK, or Japan and getting involved with the likes of Israel, Iraq, Russia, and China.

If you need it spelled out for you then may I suggest returning to high school.

How to post as Brenton:

Make a statement that seems to have no basis in anything.

When asked to back up that claim, question the other person's intelligence.

Asking questions is how people learn things, Brenton. Maybe you're the one who needs to go back to high school. If you're not posting here to inform others of what you think, why are you posting at all? Isn't that the point of a discussion?

I still don't really get the point you were trying to make, unless it was a value judgment? I'm not sure. We were talking about WWII, and then you started talking about China, Russia, Iraq, and Israel, none of which existed at the time in their current state (Russia was part of the Soviet Union, China was still going through a massive civil war, Iraq was a British Colony and Israel didn't even exist).

How to post as Brenton:

Make a statement that seems to have no basis in anything.

When asked to back up that claim, question the other person's intelligence.

Asking questions is how people learn things, Brenton. Maybe you're the one who needs to go back to high school. If you're not posting here to inform others of what you think, why are you posting at all? Isn't that the point of a discussion?

I still don't really get the point you were trying to make, unless it was a value judgment? I'm not sure. We were talking about WWII, and then you started talking about China, Russia, Iraq, and Israel, none of which existed at the time in their current state (Russia was part of the Soviet Union, China was still going through a massive civil war, Iraq was a British Colony and Israel didn't even exist).

It's not a discussion, it's pointlessness at it's finest. Nobody here is willing to be informed because everyone thinks they're already informed. That's why ideology "debates" on AE never go anywhere, all of you think you have a perfect grasp on subjects that boggle the minds of real intellectuals and you're so close-minded that you cannot even take criticism over your "discussion" seriously because that would be admitting your logic is flawed and god forbid you open your mind to that perception.

It's not a discussion, it's pointlessness at it's finest. Nobody here is willing to be informed because everyone thinks they're already informed. That's why ideology "debates" on AE never go anywhere, all of you think you have a perfect grasp on subjects that boggle the minds of real intellectuals and you're so close-minded that you cannot even take criticism over your "discussion" seriously because that would be admitting your logic is flawed and god forbid you open your mind to that perception.

You know what? You're right. It is a waste of time to try and convince someone on AE of what's going on.

It's good that you've surmised your opinion on the situation and won't take criticism of the fact that you're right about what's going on in everyone's heads as they post.

Oh, shit, wait, I just agreed with you, therefore disproving your point... whatever.

You're right, though -- generally, debates on AE are very pointless, but as GPS said in the other thread it's mostly entertainment.

I'm out, I've got a life to live.