Accelerated Evolution

Need something to keep me occupied

Adam

Seriously. I've lost my interest in video games lately.

Yes, I know Fable 2's coming out soon, along w/ GH:WT and stuff but I'm talking about current stuff.

On Fall break right now and it's terribly boring just playing RB2 or getting on teh interwebz.

I am not sure what to ask, I just want a game to occupy me.

I played WoW forever and my 70 rogue just bores me now, and the WOTLK alpha/beta didn't interest me because of the massive amount of XP it took to get ONE level.

So, suggestions please? :headbang:

Play old stuff you may have missed. Hit up an EB games and look for stuff that's 5-10 bucks and broaden your horizons.

Sometimes revisiting the classics is always fun.

=/ I just want a recent game that will "respark" so to speak my interest in games. I don't play them much anymore and when a new game comes out I'm not really excited for them. Sure, I may buy it, but yeah. :(

IMO you're looking in the wrong direction. If you want to rekindle your interest in games, the best way to do it is to look to the past, not the current times. Go back and play the games that you're nostalgic over, revisit those memories.

If your burnt out on the current gen, playing more of it isn't going to help. Especially considering how similar the games are nowadays. The best bet IMO is to pick up something old, dust it off, and see if you can get that smile from back when a game didn't even have to be very good to make you enjoy it.

Hell, I have fond memories of Fester's Quest. lol

Sometimes when the things around you are boring, a change of scenery does some good.

Plus half the shit you can emulate for free.

IMO you're looking in the wrong direction. If you want to rekindle your interest in games, the best way to do it is to look to the past, not the current times. Go back and play the games that you're nostalgic over, revisit those memories.

If your burnt out on the current gen, playing more of it isn't going to help. Especially considering how similar the games are nowadays. The best bet IMO is to pick up something old, dust it off, and see if you can get that smile from back when a game didn't even have to be very good to make you enjoy it.

Hell, I have fond memories of Fester's Quest. lol

Sometimes when the things around you are boring, a change of scenery does some good.

Plus half the shit you can emulate for free.

Yeah, good point. Do you have a list of games I could play again? I have every system except for PS3. I'd prefer to play more recent games, just because well there's some I haven't tried and yeah.

I don't have any spending money right now because I'm saving up for the 190$ GH:WT kit (which I am $17 away from paying in full :awesome: ) but yeah.

Any X360 games, or Wii games would be great. I swear I think GH and the internet took away my interest of video games, even though the former is a video game.

Have you ever played Okami? If not pick that one up for the PS2 or Wii (I suggest PS2 IMO). It's a great game and everybody I know that has played it loved it, including myself.

What kind of games do you like playing the most?

I rented Okami before and (don't flame me please) I just didn't get into it.

I love platformers, action games, some fighting games, certain FPS's, and adventure.

The only kind I dislike are sports, RPGs (some) and tactical games.

I've heard a lot of good things about Psychonauts which is a platformer/ adventure game for ps2.

I don't really know about any Xbox 360 or Wii releases because I haven't got any nextgen consoles.

Psychonauts is great. I'm going to be running through it on this next video series I'm doing.

It's also BC on the 360.

Btw, if you haven't played Jet Set Radio Future, that's another awesome BC title.

If you can find yourself a copy of Mega Man Legends 1 or 2 on PS1, that'd be my go-to, to make me fall back in love with gaming. Honstly, when I'm totally burnt out on games, I will pop in the Mega Man anniversary collection, and play some good ol' Mega Man 3. Yes, I know 2 is the best, but 3 is my fave!

Or, play your favorite Final Fantasy. I restarted my guy in FF8, changed Squall's name to Refutug, and named all the Guardian forces after swear words. It's lots of fun playing with Refutug and his army of Fire Fuck, Ice Bitch, and Dumb Bird.

If you can find yourself a copy of Mega Man Legends 1 or 2 on PS1, that'd be my go-to, to make me fall back in love with gaming. Honstly, when I'm totally burnt out on games, I will pop in the Mega Man anniversary collection, and play some good ol' Mega Man 3. Yes, I know 2 is the best, but 3 is my fave!

Or, play your favorite Final Fantasy. I restarted my guy in FF8, changed Squall's name to Refutug, and named all the Guardian forces after swear words. It's lots of fun playing with Refutug and his army of Fire Fuck, Ice Bitch, and Dumb Bird.

Yeah we pretty much have all of the Mega Man PS1 titles. My favorite Final Fantasy is XI, but I don't feel like going through the leveling again.

Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated. I guess I'll just have to go through some 360 titles and see which one sparks my interest. :)

Keep the suggestions coming if you still have them.

I still think you should entertain the idea of SNES and NES games. =P

Especially since you didn't quite grow up with em.

Haha DRL pretty much forced me to play them though. Man, I remember buying a dreamcast. I had the choice of picking 1 game, either Sonic or Soul Calibur. I picked Soul Calibur. :awesome: I also remember having to buy a 2nd N64 because our first one broke.

I mainly just want a fun lengthy game that will hook me in from start to finish like Kingdom Hearts 2 did, and I normally hate RPGs.

or you could take a break from games, and like........... oh i dont know read a book. whenever i get bored of games i read a book. Last time i read the whole dark tower series books 1-7. After that i was just peachy and wanted to get back to vid games.

I'll never have an interest in reading books because it always makes me think of school. When I say that I mean that in school we're FORCED to read books and take what they call "AR" (Accelerated Reader) tests on them and pass them.

Now, the purpose of reading books is to raise your reading level, but mine can't go any higher. 5.0 (5th grade, 1st month) to 13.0 (college and up) is mine.

I've taken a break from games in general for years now. I haven't sat down and enjoyed one in a long time.

Guys, I just need one that will occupy my time, for example, WoW is a time-consumer. It keeps me busy, and takes up time. But, I am done w/ MMOs.

I'll never have an interest in reading books because it always makes me think of school. When I say that I mean that in school we're FORCED to read books and take what they call "AR" (Accelerated Reader) tests on them and pass them.

Now, the purpose of reading books is to raise your reading level, but mine can't go any higher. 5.0 (5th grade, 1st month) to 13.0 (college and up) is mine.

I've taken a break from games in general for years now. I haven't sat down and enjoyed one in a long time.

Guys, I just need one that will occupy my time, for example, WoW is a time-consumer. It keeps me busy, and takes up time. But, I am done w/ MMOs.

well then all i hear is alot of excuses. people are giving you things to do and all you want is someone to suggest a 360 or wii game. Wii controls suck and action games are copy and paste nowdays. Play an snes or genesis or nes.

Games :

NES - excitebike, contra, kirby, punch out, metroid , zelda, mario123, ninja gaiden, final fantasy , paperboy .

SNES - bob, super metroid , kirby , superpunch out, rocknroll racing, final fantasy 6, EARTHBOUND!! E.V.E. super mario, lost vikings, sim city, contra 3

Genesis - sonic 123 , vectorman, earthworm jim, skitchin, road rash, the lists go on.

well then all i hear is alot of excuses. people are giving you things to do and all you want is someone to suggest a 360 or wii game. Wii controls suck and action games are copy and paste nowdays. Play an snes or genesis or nes.

Games :

NES - excitebike, contra, kirby, punch out, metroid , zelda, mario123, ninja gaiden, final fantasy , paperboy .

SNES - bob, super metroid , kirby , superpunch out, rocknroll racing, final fantasy 6, EARTHBOUND!! E.V.E. super mario, lost vikings, sim city, contra 3

Genesis - sonic 123 , vectorman, earthworm jim, skitchin, road rash, the lists go on.

Well then I should just be more specific I suppose.

I want a more recent game to play. Reason being, some of those systems no longer work, and others I just don't feel like dragging out and hooking up. Call it an excuse if you want, but I just want/prefer a more recent game.

The system I play the most is the 360. The PS2 I'll play every now and then for an old GH game, or some Kingdom Hearts action but otherwise I don't play it anymore. The Wii I can do without I suppose, I was just mentioning that to help with some suggestions.

Well then I should just be more specific I suppose.

I want a more recent game to play. Reason being, some of those systems no longer work, and others I just don't feel like dragging out and hooking up. Call it an excuse if you want, but I just want/prefer a more recent game.

The system I play the most is the 360. The PS2 I'll play every now and then for an old GH game, or some Kingdom Hearts action but otherwise I don't play it anymore. The Wii I can do without I suppose, I was just mentioning that to help with some suggestions.

You can get roms of all these games in less than 10 minutes. The reason why you are so bored with games is because they are all the same now days. Every single game is "Action Game 2.0 " with the same hero that has a different name. RB and GH are boring because you press the same 5 buttons in a different progression, over and over and over.

You are forced to read books in school... You just haven't found the right book...

Reading isn't about a reading "level" that you can attain. It's about expanding your mind and knowledge and, just like video games, escape to another type of reality. I'm sure you're very intelligent and I'm not bashing you, but just because you got a 13.0 on a reading comprehension doesn't mean you're reading at a college level.

Well, that's what they told me. Then again, why should I believe anything the South says? (referring to the stupidity of most citizens down here)

@Hipster: Yeah, true. It's just that most of those games I've played. While they are amazing, I just don't feel the need to go back and re-play them.

What I am trying to say is, is that I wanna stay current, but still enjoy a good game, without having to get out an old system, or get an emulator + some ROMs.

We have been. The NES, SNES and other old system have TONS of lenghty games that are amazing. Chrono Trigger for example. EVO was a great game. the Final Fantasies.

then there's games such as the half-life series.

We have been. The NES, SNES and other old system have TONS of lenghty games that are amazing. Chrono Trigger for example. EVO was a great game. the Final Fantasies.

then there's games such as the half-life series.

Half-Life is a good idea. I had that on Steam awhile back.

I also have HL2 on Xbox, I hope it's compatible with 360.