Accelerated Evolution

I have an idea for a new art project to do when I want to get away from school art, but I want to do it on a huge scale. Now before I've done a drawing that was 4 x 3' but it was just four pieces of 18 x 24" paper taped together. But what I'm looking for would probably be about 6 x 6'. Where would I find something like this? Does anyone know?

Hmm I agree, you might just want to stretch some canvas out for it. I've never seen good drawing paper in a size that big. I guess if you wanted to settle with less than stellar paper though, you could buy a big roll of it and roll it out to the size you want but you still might have to attach two sheets together to get a 6' length.

i don't think you should change medium if you don't want to, but you'll probably have to compromise the quality of your paper to go that huge. i know that you CAN order really tall rolls of paper, (someone ordered a 12 ft. tall roll at my work not long ago) but there's no telling how much you'll get raped on shipping

i think maybe you should come up with a neat way of putting smaller sheets of paper together. you could try putting them together in an irregular pattern (i.e. don't create a regular grid) or find some ingenious way of attaching them so the seams between sheets aren't apparent at all. you could do the latter pretty well if you cut all the edges precisely and mounted all the sheets onto a giant board

You could also, if you still wanted to stick with a drawing medium, do almost like a triptych ya know. Just get three 2x2 pieces. They won't necessarily have to line up perfectly, you could even do three different images. I saw a badass painting once that was an octopus done that way. Shit was pretty rad and kinda inspired me to do one some day.

We'll see what happens. I'm just so tired of working on small paper and since I have to do drawings on 18 x 24 paper every other day, I wanted to do something on a bigger scale. I also looked through my portfolio the other day and was wholy underwhelmed. I need to beef it up before I transfer and I wanted to do something different, but not too different. I think this one will have to take a hold until I decide how to go about it. Thanks for all the info guys, super appreciated. :headbang: