Star Wars:The Old Republic

punroc1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ughh an MMO......

I'm ready for a fuckload of Sith Lord and Darth Whatever wannabes

It will be awesome I am sure of it. Bioware does an amazing job with all of there IPs and it seems as though they a putting a great deal of effort into making it a good quality product all around.

ughh an MMO......

I'm ready for a fuckload of Sith Lord and Darth Whatever wannabes

If it's anything like Galaxies was originally, it's almost random whether or not you get to become a Jedi. It wasn't until Galaxies had been out for like two years that you got to choose to be a Jedi.

Don't worry. I thought that's what SWG was going to be like but it actually was pretty diverse. I saw more smugglers than Jedi running around.

That's because you had to be force sensitive which was pretty much like winning the lottery. :tongue:

And they made being a Jedi a pain in the ass too, as lots of elite characters like Boba Fett could just show up to attack you.

That's because you had to be force sensitive which was pretty much like winning the lottery. :tongue:

And they made being a Jedi a pain in the ass too, as lots of elite characters like Boba Fett could just show up to attack you.

Well yea that's true but like I expected people to be Han Solo A, Han Solo B, Han Solo C, etc. But that's now what I saw at all, there was a huge range of characters that made it feel like a you were actually in the SW universe. Hell my character was pretty much a fucking ronin. I had an elliptical shaped hat, wore a dark blue robe, and fought with steel curved swords. And I just walking around Naboo by myself fighting things and cooking my own food. xD

Because if you pay for a lifetime subscription and stop playing, then they still gots ya money. I see where you're coming from, and I agree for the most part, but that's one conceivable reason.

A life time subscription would cost less for most people who buy it.

What would be nice, though - and LotRO is doing this with their new expansion - is if your preorder, your subscription is a few bucks cheaper.

A life time subscription would cost less for most people who buy it.

What would be nice, though - and LotRO is doing this with their new expansion - is if your preorder, your subscription is a few bucks cheaper.

That too would also be a very welcome concept. One of the reasons why I have strayed stay from MMOs in the first place is the subscription fees. On top of that I just haven't found one that interests me.

I'm curious to see how this will go. Especially considering it's being made by a new Bioware studio, and Bioware hasn't touched the franchise since 1.

Will it take some cues from Mass Effect? How do they intend to handle the morality slider affect people who aren't jedi? Will they use any of the stuff from KotOR 2 which honestly had a better combat system, but much worse story, or will they toss it all under the bus?

How many lesbian love scenes?

What's the incentive to not be a jedi? Especially in a series like KotOR which doesn't need to build up any pretense about the number of Jedi in the galaxy, and where the Jedi are ridiculously over-powered in comparison to dude with a vibroblade / gun.

Lots of questions. Hope for the best!

---

Oh and another reason they don't offer lifetime stuff is Hellgate: London, which offered a lifetime subscription for a retarded amount of money and then crashed and burned 6 months later.

Can you imagine how pissed the people who played Tabula Rasa would be right now if they'd payed 200 bucks for a lifetime subscription?

Oh and another reason they don't offer lifetime stuff is Hellgate: London, which offered a lifetime subscription for a retarded amount of money and then crashed and burned 6 months later.

Can you imagine how pissed the people who played Tabula Rasa would be right now if they'd payed 200 bucks for a lifetime subscription?

I think part of the reason Hellgate London crashed and burned wasn't so much the lifetime subscription. It was more the gameplay was bland and highly unoriginal.. I mean LOTRol is doing just fine and it has a lifetime subscription. You just need to offer something that people will want to stick around and play.

Plus many MMOs that have had monthly subscriptions have died with in six months to a years time.

That's not really my point. My point is the payment option existed as a constant choice for consuemrs, and then the game failed in less than 6 months. Regardless of why, it's a dangerous thing to do, and thus why companies don't. Not to mention the fact that MMO maintainance is staggering once you know the true numbers.

Yes, LotRO is fine, but they also don't really have the option for a lifetime membership. It was a pre-order only bonus. It's not an option that just anyone can choose. Only a select group of "founders" have chosen the option.