Accelerated Evolution
Hardened

Who here hates their job(s) and hasn't gotten a raise in forever

I fucking hate my job and I haven't gotten a raise in like 2 years. I am not motivated to even ask for a raise because my job isn't challenging enough to permit a raise. Anyone feel similar. I work in IT and i can't stand it because i feel worthless and I can't seem to fix what they throw at me due to my lack of motivation.

POST someone who understands.

If your job isn't challenging and you haven't received a raise in 2 years, it's either your work ethic or your employer generally doesn't give a shit about you.

FInd another job, that's what I have always done.

I hate my job. It's boring, the company I work for is terrible, and the man who is in charge of my department is an idiot. However, I did get a raise once, which is far more than most of the employees there can say. You need to be firm, and I suggest you attempt to find a better paying job so you can gain leverage. Remember, you do not work for them. You do not owe them anything. They are buying your time from you, and you deserve just compensation.

*gasp* Encouraging personal achievement! I didn't expect that from your breed of scum.

Are you kidding me GPS? Leave the personal attacks outside this forum. He did nothing to attack you in the first place.

That sucks though, I would suggest, as others have, to ask for a raise, or look for a job with more opportunities open to you.

I was questioning the fact that he is contradicting his beliefs. As far as I know, he thinks you should sit around and wait for the government to get a raise for you. Seems like he's a little confused.....

He never said anything like that. There was no reason to attack him and call him "scum". You can question what he says, but there was absolutely no reason to do it in such a manner.

Why did you call me scum? I am just in a rut and i don't know how to get out of it. I find that not very friendly as a new person here in this forum. I appreciate that maybe your frustrated with your job as well "GPS" but you know nothing of my beliefs or my other issues with my life. For all you know I am in a wheel chair and have very low self esteem and think everyone is out to get me.

For those of you who stood up for me thanks. My name is Hardened for a reason. . .

Why did you call me scum? I am just in a rut and i don't know how to get out of it. I find that not very friendly as a new person here in this forum. I appreciate that maybe your frustrated with your job as well "GPS" but you know nothing of my beliefs or my other issues with my life. For all you know I am in a wheel chair and have very low self esteem and think everyone is out to get me.

For those of you who stood up for me thanks. My name is Hardened for a reason. . .

GPS wasn't calling you scum. He was attacking Foldered, the person he quoted.

No, no. Not you, you seem pretty cool. It's that other guy you need to avoid.

No manipulation of people's feelings towards other members either.

Where's a mod when you need one?

I can just lock the thread. That could put an end to it. I would just rather people keep giving actual input and those two to stop bitching about each other.

I can just lock the thread. That could put an end to it. I would just rather people keep giving actual input and those two to stop bitching about each other.

Was just suggesting that certain posts could be either removed or edited.

Was just suggesting that certain posts could be either removed or edited.

They, I just wanted to see if they would edit the posts themselves to have actual input in them rather than the stuff now. I was wrong I guess.

They, I just wanted to see if they would edit the posts themselves to have actual input in them rather than the stuff now. I was wrong I guess.

Welcome to AE :hardgay:

Welcome to AE :hardgay:

Then again it is a fight between GPS and Foldered. -shrugs- now let's curb this derailment before it gets worse shall we?

Work is work. You need money to live, in most cases, so until you can find one that fits your life, you might as well just put up with the one that you have. I'd probably try and look for something better in the meantime, and bite your tongue until then.

Just ignore GPS, dude. (to the mods: deleting his posts will just make him mad... and I won't even be able to read them and chuckle)

And welcome to the forum.

I've never had a really terrible job, but that's because I've been able to avoid getting a real job through various pyramid schemes, etc ("going to college" being the main one). I'm pretty much runnin' out of money, though, so I'm trying to find one that isn't too odious.

If you haven't gotten a raise in two years, speak to your manager. Everyone's giving you good advice in this thread. Computer Science is a profession... you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a better job. Again, sorry man.

I did hate my job. Luckily I'm on leave, and am never scheduled, and I still get my discount.

I also got a raise, but I was the best in the section for months on end and brought in the revenue of three employees, and got only a 25 cent raise.

I love my job. I am overpaid for the amount of work I do (the whole department is slow due to the economy, I seriously have to go out of my way to find work and I try hard but sometimes I do like 1-2 hours of actual work a day). The work isn't super exciting, but I have the 'graphic designer' title that looks soooo good on resumes. I get to arrive late/leave early because my team is awesome and we all do it. My boss is awesome, he lets me leave work early for school. We also kill 1-2 hours at a time discussing philosophy and life.

I am not rich, but I get tuition aid and I'm able to pay off the debt I incurred from being broke the first few years I lived here. :O Working my ass off to get this job and putting up with a ton of bullshit was totally worth it.

I sent this sales rep a wireless internet card, and he calls me last monday saying he got it, but it won't work.

I ask him if I should send him a CD with the necessary drivers for the card. He says "No, that's alright, I'll download and install the drivers myself." I call him on wednesday to follow up and leave a message for him to call me back; he doesn't call.

I get a call this (Monday) afternoon:

Sales rep:Hi, this is [sales rep]

Me: Hi, did you get the drivers installed for your wireless card?

Rep: Well, I went out and bought some CDs and downloaded the software and then I lost the CD and then my kids used the rest of the CDs

Me: So...you need me to send you a CD?

Rep: Yes

Me: *facepalm*

Do I hate my job? No, but man there are days...