Accelerated Evolution
Hardened

Who here hates their job(s) and hasn't gotten a raise in forever

Working in the deli department of a grocery store is very cool, I like it a lot, I just don't like customers when they're very picky about the amount of bologna or turkey they want.

On the subject of jobs, since my first post did not touch on my own, I have to say for the first time in a long time, I like my job.

I work for a small food franchise based out of Philly, and I run the store in the morning by myself until my help arrives. I don't deal with customers and work at a fast pace that makes the day fly by like nothing. My shift starts at 4AM and lasts until 11:30, which is great because I have the entire day to do whatever before my fiancee gets home from her job at 5:30, but blows because Mon-Fri I have to be in bed at 9PM to be able to wake up at 3:30AM, also, in the winter time, it is fucking COLD AS BALLS at that time, and I have a leather interior in my car to boot. I get paid a decent amount that allows me to have a nice apartment and a new car, while having most of my bills paid a month in advance at all times.

But this is all a stepping stone to my true career as a police officer, which will hopefully begin in June of next year if the city is able to start the academy on time. If you haven't yet achieved you career goal, then always view your current job as a stepping stone and never lose sight of what you are striving for. That's what has gotten me this far in life and lets me have the nice things in life while being content with my job, but never satisfied.

I'm a clerk.

Min wage. No benefits. No chance of promotion.

On the plus side I could lose my job at a moment's notice if I where to fail a Alcohol or Tobacco sting.

Sucks. I'm actually quite happy with my job. Yeah. I do get to work some crazy hours on occasion. Can you say 30 hour shifts? Hahaha! But yeah. Anything that deals with engineering will have deadlines & will pretty much require some extra time out of you. But then when the pay check comes in... (^o^ ) <3 <3 <3 <3

I'm content I suppose with my jobs. I've been working at a public library for 2.5 years, and I just got another job at the university library. Pretty fantastic deal. Library jobs are amazing.

It's really easy to get one where we live. The Boston Post road ftw.

The Post Road is like a half hour away from me in Bethany lol. Plus I live in New Britain now at Central

The Post Road is like a half hour away from me in Bethany lol. Plus I live in New Britain now at Central

Forgot you were up at College, I knew you lived in Bethany though. Not that bad a drive anyway. Yay for cheaper gas.

I feel so useless at my job right now. There is a new guy that just started working here a few months back and everyone likes him. He's really good at fixing things, so much that they have jsut stopped asking me to fix things all together, which leaves me with not much to do. On top of that, people see me as lazy because they don't see me fixing anything. I haven't had a raise in a year either but I guess it's not really warranted if I'm not doing anything. I seem to think I am pretty handy at fixing things, but I guess no one else sees that. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I feel so useless at my job right now. There is a new guy that just started working here a few months back and everyone likes him. He's really good at fixing things, so much that they have jsut stopped asking me to fix things all together, which leaves me with not much to do. On top of that, people see me as lazy because they don't see me fixing anything. I haven't had a raise in a year either but I guess it's not really warranted if I'm not doing anything. I seem to think I am pretty handy at fixing things, but I guess no one else sees that. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Heh, something similar happened to me...

At my last job, it was mostly hippies who were employed there. So they basically did no work. As a relatively normal person, I did a pretty decent job, doing pretty much the minimal amount of work, which was better than everyone else who worked there. But then they hired this guy who worked as though he was at a normal job, and of course the bosses loved him. Haha.

I wish I had a job to hate. I want money!

No you don't. Avoid the cogs of the machine long as you can my friend, because it only spawns unhappiness, laziness, and monotony. Go frolic in a field while you still can.

No you don't. Avoid the cogs of the machine long as you can my friend, because it only spawns unhappiness, laziness, and monotony. Go frolic in a field while you still can.

At least the machine builds.

I have to wait for my parents to give me allowance and I feel indebted, haha. I'd like to do something honest and constructive. It'd be writing papers. I don't really want to work a machine job, but something like I used to do (box office at my dad's theatre company).

At least the machine builds.

Pollution and misery?

And now I have lost said shitty, minimum wage job.

Looks like its time to re-evaluate the Blood/Plasma/Semen option.

My job rocks.

I basically sit around and wait for things to break, and then call the appropriate team so they can fix it. Besides that I just check things off of a clipboard as they run automatically. Since there is nothing to do, I spend most of my time watching anime and screwing around on the internet.

I don't feel guilty about it either. After the job I did while I was getting my degree, I fucking earned it. That job was the worst.

I have two jobs.

I work at home depot and hate it there.

My other job (the one I am at right now) is at a country club. I work in the fitness center. I get free food and get to work out for free, not to mention I spot all the cute girls who need help. =)

The only thing that sucks with this job is that the pay isn't that good. It's only a weekend gig, so I don't mind!