Accelerated Evolution

The Fallout 3 thread

TeleportSandwich

What plateform will you be getting Fallout 3 on?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. 360, PS3. or PC?

• XBOX 360
    • PS3
    • PC

Game comes out next Tuesday. Aside from this serving as a general discussion thread, I was wondering if you guys could tell me which platform I should be getting this game via the informal poll above. I haven't really heard any comparisons between the three outside of graphics (which I really don't give a damn about), so I was hoping ya'll could enlighten me as to the pros and cons of each (aside from the obvious stuff like possible mods for the PC version).

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC without question.

I have a monster PC that I built, and I want this game to shiiiiinnnneee.

360 / PS3 difference sounds minimal. No news yet if the PS3 game installs to lower load times yet, but if it does, I would go for that over the 360 even though it looks better. Oblivion on the 360 drove me crazy with the constant pausing and loading. I eventually got pissed at the 360 version and bought it for the PC, never looking back.

I'm experiencing the awesome early-game fallout feature of never having enough ammo. It's so much fun :wub:

I've already found at least one fucking awesome random (though I don't know if they're random anymore) event:

Vault 106. You go in there and it's ruined and gutted, and there's a bunch of 'Insane Survivors' wearing Vault jumpsuits and attacking you with knives, tire irons, etc... As you fight them, though, your character keeps hallucinating, the entire area turning purple and you start seeing and having to fight characters from your own Vault, but then it kind of snaps back randomly. It took me awhile to figure out what the fuck was going on.

Also I got a fucking cool 'Chinese Officers' Sword,' which is really just a katana, but apparently it's Chinese. Either way, it's tight. I have like no melee skill or Strength and I can still kill most enemies with it.

Game of the year.

bunch a screenshots i took... excuse quality loss, photobucket turne the .bmps into .jpgs and resized them from 1280x1024 to like 900 something x something and makes it look shittier, the shots I uploaded show all the detail in little things that got lost due to the resizing and conversion i guess, gonna take some with XFIRE.

yes I am wearing the sherrif of megaton's hat and coat. including badge, that's what happens when you fuck with wind.

I have some "Brotherhood of Steel" armor which looks amazing, like red storm trooper armor but at level 5 I can't wear it says I need an ability in some kind of armor skill, looks SO bad-ass and incredible defense stats and stat bonuses. They are neutral mobs that I decided to murder. I am also "Addicted" to chem's and currently in withdrawl. I'll stay addicted as I enjoy the +25% damage increase or +25% defense increase when I shoot up chems.

Wind, you can stop photobucket from resizing it. And if you use most image editors you can change the .bmp files ti .jpeg lossless files that should retain most the detail and photobucket will just accept them.

Edit: Oh yeah, how does the inventory system work here anyway? Slots? Case? Weight?

Fuck it. I'm going to pick this up soon. So, options:

Steam and have it tomorrow night (Wouldn't even be able to play until friday)

OR

Amazon, save $10 and maybe get it Saturday, but probably Monday.

Kinda' leaning to Amazon. For large games I think I'd rather have a disc...

Fuck it. I'm going to pick this up soon. So, options:

Steam and have it tomorrow night (Wouldn't even be able to play until friday)

OR

Amazon, save $10 and maybe get it Saturday, but probably Monday.

Kinda' leaning to Amazon. For large games I think I'd rather have a disc...

Meh, it doesn't really matter at this point. I bought the disc but only because I had $20 to use at best buy.

Meh, it doesn't really matter at this point. I bought the disc but only because I had $20 to use at best buy.

Well, except when you format your HDD or something. :P Installing from disc will take me all of fifteen - twenty minutes where as downloading will take several hours followed by a fast install. And I format once a year normally. Speaking of, that's coming up again <.<;

Well, except when you format your HDD or something. :P Installing from disc will take me all of fifteen - twenty minutes where as downloading will take several hours followed by a fast install. And I format once a year normally. Speaking of, that's coming up again <.<;

In steam that is easy, you just start a que and allow all the games to install while you're asleep/AFK.

Wind, you can stop photobucket from resizing it. And if you use most image editors you can change the .bmp files ti .jpeg lossless files that should retain most the detail and photobucket will just accept them.

Edit: Oh yeah, how does the inventory system work here anyway? Slots? Case? Weight?

weight determined by your strength points :).

also about the FPS comment, the VATS system rules and you don't have to use it... depending on the gun you have, such as when I use the minigun I just unload FPS style and rape everything in my path.

On my way to recover the declaration of independence from the jefferson memorial ruins for some old guy in rivet city, which sells a mini nuke launcher btw. but first I'm going down in this subway station right now across from the rivet city entrance ^_^. I love how much Iv'e explored and how little of the world map it shows I revealed. fucking nuts,

also for siendra, since the day bioshock came out (or was it quake wars? well was one of them) came out I used direct 2 drive for all my PC games as they came out. Dunno why just dig the site so ofcourse I used it for this.