Accelerated Evolution

Fucking computer

The Masterplan

Jesus Christ.

To prepare you for this post, if you go to the Technology forum and just search for threads started by me, any in the last six months have had something to do with this computer.

Problems I have had thus far [not in chronological order:

1) The first time I used the "reset" button on the front, it unregistered my Windows

2) Numerous blue screen errors for no particular reason [they would happen when no new hardware or software had been installed in weeks]

3) The video card's VGA output is only displaying the B in RGB

4) I had Windows crash on me randomly after printing a test page for a project which led to my recent reformatting

5) Had many wireless networking problems on this computer that have never occurred when I've done it on any other.

6) Windows isn't starting AGAIN even though I JUST reformatted on Sunday.

That's just the bigger ones I can think of off the bat, there have been several smaller things/quirks that were simply annoying, not necessarily detrimental though.

I bought this thing off of my girlfriend's bother about four months ago and it feels like ever since I got it, I've had nothing but problems. I'm in the middle of a sort of Catch 22 though: Since the mobo burning out and other various problems on my old computer, this computer is the only one left. It's my only means of using the internet, working on projects for school without having to wait around forever for an open lab and have a retarded monitor staring over my shoulder to make sure I'm not just dicking around on the internet, etc. So I really want to sell this fucking lemon back to him, but until the semester is over, I can't even really think about it and it's just so fucked up that I can't catch a goddamn break with this computer already.

It's disgusting, but having it down for almost two weeks made me realize how invaluable a computer with an internet connection is these days.

I just got off the phone with my girlfriend's brother and I'm gonna go back home and see what I can do about this. Thanks for reading my rant. Sorry it doesn't have as much cursing and blind rage as my rants usually do. Just needed to vent.

It's disgusting, but having it down for almost two weeks made me realize how invaluable a computer with an internet connection is these days.

It's fucking weird, isn't it? I've been thinking about that recently. Especially when you're in school. I could not not have a computer, it would just be impossible.

You'd think so, but not really [about it being awkward I mean]. I'm just fucking sick of this thing. Something has to be wrong. I talked to him the other night and he was giving me all these different solutions to different things but they didn't seem to work. In fact I'll be posting yet another topic in a minute about my latest problem.