Accelerated Evolution

360 problem

GummyBearOfDoom

This is your first 360? If you got in 2 years ago, good god dude that lasted a long time considering how terrible the average 360 life span is. It's better now but it's still got a bad failure rate.

I hardly ever play.

Edit: How much can I get for my games like. Age of Oblivion with the Expansion, Fable 2 Collectors Edition, Halo 3, Gears of War and stuff like that. At local Game Stop and Ebay.

I wouldn't sell my 360 games. My 360 is the only system I play pretty much now and you'll regret selling those games if you ever get a new/replacement 360.

I don't give two shits about console games really. Actually I have lost most of my enjoyment in most games all together unless it's multiplayer and with friends. I probably played my 360 like once every two weeks until I got Fable 2 and beat it in like 2 days, then I didn't play it till like 2 weeks later which was today.

IF I do replace it, it will be because they gave me a free one. I wouldn't pay for this shitty failure rate again on chance of it breaking again.

Like Sien already said, it's fucked. Keep turning it on until you get the red lights again and then call up 1-800-MY-XBOX and after a few moments they'll take you through the steps to replace it. Do not turn your console back on again after the three red lights come on. When the agent asks you to turn the 360 back on lie to them and say it's still giving you the three red lights. If you had an intercooler attached to it or placed it on a carpet floor, lie to them about that as well. Otherwise they will void your warranty.

Make sure to have your 360's serial number ready when you call. You'll have a new console in about 2-3 weeks, sometimes much less then that.

Also, related content.

How does my system RROD? I never play this mother fucking thing hardly, and never for more then 1 hr to 2 hrs.

Supposedly, the last minute addition of a hard drive to the design restricts the air flow too much. This, combined with a GPU that runs extremely hot, causes the system to over heat to the point that the system board can actually warp, breaking the solder on any number of components.

Here's a picture I took at work: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...nt=DSC00066.jpg :awesome:

My 360 has been giving me 4 red lights (a complete red ring) and makes an obnoxious buzzing sound when it turns on. I suspect it has something to do with the DVD drive not initializing properly. It only does that when I turn the 360 on after leaving Rock Band (the first one) in there. A simple ejection of the game and restart of the console fixes the problem. What bothers me is that, after ejecting the game, the buzzing sound does not stop. I don't know what could be causing it o_O

Supposedly, the last minute addition of a hard drive to the design restricts the air flow too much. This, combined with a GPU that runs extremely hot, causes the system to over heat to the point that the system board can actually warp, breaking the solder on any number of components.

Here's a picture I took at work: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/Mag...nt=DSC00066.jpg :awesome:

The hard drive was in the design doc since 2003. It's just that outside the xclamp on the bottom of the board, there's nothing cooling the GPU, CPU, and memory besides airflow. The original xclamps were made out of cheap aluminum that cooled worth a damn. The newer ones are made from some copper based alloy that works a little better. And yeah, the board warps cracking the cheap lead solder they use. Soon as my RROD warranty is up, my units getting opened, heat sinked and thermal pasted up the ass, and possibly resoldered.