• No Mercy
    • Blood Harvest
    • Dead Air
    • Death Toll

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait until I can actually buy this game.

Bill is my favorite character by far. Fuckin' Vietnam vets.

"MY BUDDIES DIDN'T DIE FACE DOWN IN THE MUD SO YOU WOULD WAKE THE WITCH UP." And then, of course, at the end of the level, a solemn statement about anyone who died. "Louis died, as did so many men of his generation, before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, just as you took so many bright, shining young men at Khe Sanh, Blood Harvest, and Hill 34."

Autoshotgun is too much fun.

I was once playing the demo in single player, and the Bill bot picked up an M16 at the upgraded weapons table and said something like, "Oh, an assault rifle. This is getting more like Nam every minute." I love the banter between the characters, too. One time Francis picked up a gun and said "Groovy" and Zoey said "Groovy" back in a really mocking voice. I also like when Francis calls them vampires and Louis tells him they're not vampires, they're zombies.

I was once playing the demo in single player, and the Bill bot picked up an M16 at the upgraded weapons table and said something like, "Oh, an assault rifle. This is getting more like Nam every minute." I love the banter between the characters, too. One time Francis picked up a gun and said "Groovy" and Zoey said "Groovy" back in a really mocking voice. I also like when Francis calls them vampires and Louis tells him they're not vampires, they're zombies.

I really like all the characters. Like it's weird, I wish the game had like, a plot so there would be any character development at all.

I kinda like the minimum character development, in a way. Zoey's a slacking college student who likes horror movies, Louis is an IT dude at a business who wants to quit his job, Bill is a Nam vet who feels displaced with no war to fight and Francis is a Hell raising biker who grabbed a gun when everyone else was stock piling food and hiding in their basements. Other than that, you learn about them and their relationships through they many, many lines of dialogue. Aaaand... they come to life really well.

I kinda like the minimum character development, in a way. Zoey's a slacking college student who likes horror movies, Louis is an IT dude at a business who wants to quit his job, Bill is a Nam vet who feels displaced with no war to fight and Francis is a Hell raising biker who grabbed a gun when everyone else was stock piling food and hiding in their basements. Other than that, you learn about them and their relationships through they many, many lines of dialogue. Aaaand... they come to life really well.

+1

Don't suppose the rumor mill has produced any news of a patch yet?

I had THE best game of L4D ever earlier. It was on Expert in Dead Air; I joined during the Crain level. Some highlights and quotes:

"It's like 'Thriller' on fire."

"I just shaved your ass."

"Do you have something to tell us?"

"I meant 'saved'."

*a Smoker grabs me*

*a Boomer standing next to him vomits on me*

*a Hunter pounces me*

*I die*

*of the three remaining of us who are alive two (including me) are black and white and limping across the sky bridge to the safe house*

"YES! We finally did it!"

*jokingly* "You know we're going to be hit with a Boomer/Hunter/Smoker combo or something.*

*Boomer steps out of the safe room and vomits on us. I get grabbed by a Smoker. Run out of ammo. A horde overpowers me. I die. Person who wasn't on his last life goes down and is trying to shoot the zombies surrounding him. Last guy makes it to the safe house. I scream at the guy to stay in the fucking safe house. He leaves to save the guy on the ground and gets grabbed by a Smoker. Game over, on what was like our 8th try or so, literally.*

*Tank music starts*

"afk"

*literally a second later tank kills him in one hit*

*trying to get in tubes at construction site*

"How do I crouch jump!?"

"You jump then crouch."

"No, you hold crouch then jump."

"Which one is it!?"

"No you're doing it wrong!"

"Ah! I can't get in!"

*Horde comes. One person survives*

*I die. Two guys start running away after the zombies are cleared. One guy remains.*

"Danger what are you doing?"

*they run back to him*

Danger: "Look at the arm. It's funny."

*horde comes and whipes us*

"Danger, stop tea bagging the Witch, everytime you stop we die."

*horde comes and over runs us*

*I continually refer to the idled person playing Zoey's bot as "Zoey-bot"*

"I want a Zoey-bot."

"Me too."

"This is really pathetic guys, it's like saying you want a fleshlight for Christmas."

"Bitches don't know 'bout my closet."

*Danger dies*

*Danger is saved from closet and shoots the person who opened the door, then closes closet*

*plays sound clip of guy yelling "DON'T OPEN MY CLOSET"*

*person opens it again, gets shot*

*we start moving*

*plays sound clip of guy yelling "DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME"*

*he finally follows us*

^ This happened two or three times

"This is the only game where you can get your ass kicked multiple times and still have fun."

*Danger stops again to look at something. We die.*

*Platypus (playing Louis) dies*

*we save him*

*he is immediatly dropped by accidental friendly fire*

*people die in multiple fires*

Me: "Are you guys like firesexual or something, because you love dying in fires?"

Danger to Platypus: "You're not allowed to throw molotovs anymore."

*Danger is the last one alive and is fighting a Tank. I'm in free look mode, forwarding him information.*

"Danger, there's a Boomer behind you. Danger, there's a fucking Boomer behind you."

*Danger is fighting off hordes of zombies and the Tank*

*panicing* "THERE IS NO BEHIND ME!"

We finally made it to the finale after over 3+ hours of play for me and 3+ hours plus however long it took them to do the first level. Platypus and Danger idle. Before they come back everyone's connection drops and we get booted from the server.

It was pretty awesome.

Yeah. I mean theoretically you could use Hammer to make the set for movies and then film them via spectator cameras in the mod you create, effectively making a movie. Seems kinda a roundabout way to do it though, and most people who put that kind of work into something tend to make full blown mods so other people can directly experience the content rather than just movies. Not impossible to use a world editor to build the stage, it's just kinda rare. Plus you'd need additional equipment/software to do it convincingly.

People tend to use Garry's Mod for that kind of thing since it's more direct and gets you to the end result faster, and with less work. Very rare to find people who are designers, artists and directors all-in-one.