Accelerated Evolution

2008's best MMORPG with video G4

Wind

Its competition being... AoC, which was a horribly broken mess, and an expansion that naturally doesn't have the content of a full game.

Not that it doesn't deserve it, it's just that it's not like it had to fight for it.

It's about the same as winning "Best Cooking game of the the year", no competition.

Also, G4? That's about as much validation is winning a music award from MTV.

It's about the same as winning "Best Cooking game of the the year", no competition.

Also, G4? That's about as much validation is winning a music award from MTV.

Agreed. If IGN or Gamespot maybe or even the G4 of old when that is all they did was video games and tech then maybe.

But not the "new" G4 which is gay and has hardly anything to do with video games anymore.

Agreed. If IGN or Gamespot maybe or even the G4 of old when that is all they did was video games and tech then maybe.

But not the "new" G4 which is gay and has hardly anything to do with video games anymore.

Exactly.

I would have actually looked into this game if this was a recommendation from TechTV, or Sessler pre-2002. I actually found myself discovering new and good games taking their advice. But now, anything coming from that network is literally all corporate-sponsored garbage whose opinion is to be taken with a grain of sand.

A grain of money-diluted sand.

This whole thread is kinda ridiculous. lol Also, isn't this what your warhammer forum is for?

this was just a post about G4s mmorpg of the year, you guys turned it into a battle about wow and war

if you look at my post, it says G4's mmorpg of the year with NO other comment.

this was just a post about G4s mmorpg of the year, you guys turned it into a battle about wow and war

You are in a sense correct. However while you have made no other comment, you have and still do have a complete hard on for WAR. Your sig and avatar say it all. So at least from my standpoint I don't know about anyone else it looked like you where saying hey WoW can suck WAR's cock and here is more proof in that it was awarded MMO of the year. As a more implied statement that is. If what I said makes sense I am passing out here so there may be some incoherency.

You are in a sense correct. However while you have made no other comment, you have and still do have a complete hard on for WAR. Your sig and avatar say it all. So at least from my standpoint I don't know about anyone else it looked like you where saying hey WoW can suck WAR's cock and here is more proof in that it was awarded MMO of the year. As a more implied statement that is. If what I said makes sense I am passing out here so there may be some incoherency.

that's exactly what I thought as well dude.

I call shennanigans on that. Very few, if any, posts around here outside of RT are "just a post." Every post that everyone makes, everyone makes for a reason. If you feel compelled to start a new thread, you just have that much more reason, and that much more emphasis is put on that first post than most others in the thread. You know this. You must know this, as you've been admin of these boards for all the years its been running. It's simple psychology, friend, and you're trying to excuse your WAR hard-on by saying "G4 said it, not me!" Gimme a break.

I looked at your post, and knew exactly what G4's MMO of the year was. I didn't click on the link and I didn't read any of my fellow-posters' responses before I knew. If it had been AoC or WoW:WotLK, I sincerely doubt you'd have made this thread.

Also, G4 is hardly a reputable source for video games anymore. We all know SPIKE's Video Game Awards are the REAL authority on what's the best!

if you wanna turn it that way.. -sigh- gamespy's top ten PC games of 2008

#1 = fallout 3 (hit next)

#2 = WAR http://goty.gamespy.com/2008/pc/10.html

#3 = L4D

#4 = WoW: WoTLK (So not too far behind)

then fan rating

http://www.massively.com/2008/12/16/massiv...ew-mmo-of-2008/

game focus best MMO/Expansion (same category) WAR (they chose verything else very well)

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=article&did=366

just gotta wait for other sites to battle their stuff out.

didn't wanna turn it to this but was egged onto, so did.