Accelerated Evolution

Is Electronic Music the newest trend?

insomniac

Hi ,

thanks for stopping in this is my first post on this forum...

I would much appreciate any response that inspires conversation

topic: the electronic music genre is so vast that it is hard to define ....from moby 2 daft punk... 2 trance...benny benassi /dj tiesto... 2 alternative... zero 7 radio head/ NIN 2.. punk ... Does it offend you...(to name a small few) that it seems to be evry where ..808 heartbreak .sry :headbang: .. The question I wanna ask u all ... DO you think dance music is becoming the dominate radio trend... for air play??

or maybe u know of some underground shi that is worthy of being mentioned.. please do so!!!

-thanks

your basically mentioning dance/house/trance. Electronic music encompasses a multitude of genres.

true,

it does encompass so much but Im talking specifically about what's hot with producers, labels, clubs, etc.

I'm wondering if u all have any ideas of some artistist/ dj's that are into this type of realm who can produce :)

true,

it does encompass so much but Im talking specifically about what's hot with producers, labels, clubs, etc.

I'm wondering if u all have any ideas of some artistist/ dj's that are into this type of realm who can produce :)

you should check the music blog out acceleratede.blogspot.com

Check out the overthruster and glenny417 releases.

in terms of electronic elements being added to music I feel it is growing HEAVILY. We can thank Nine Inch Nails, Royksopp, Daft Punk, for that along with good ole Radiohead. Rock doesn't feel cool to me without some type of electronic vibe, not electronica like dance, but digital synths, or some industrial influence or just a sound that screams ELECTRICRIFYING!

such as In Rainbows, a masterpiece. or Nine Inch Nails 'The Downward Spiral" a dark depressing piece of art, or NiN's "The Fragile" Beautifully bleak and engulfed with self absorbed hatred due to addiction, a real journey. Listening to tracks on that CD like "The Big Come Down", "Somewhat Damaged", "Into The Void" are just like nothing else on the planet.