Accelerated Evolution

When did it become so hard to ask a girl out?

Ikari Warrior

A last week or two weeks ago, I started chatting with a girl I'd met online. Last night, I asked if she wanted to hang out, and she gave me the response:

me: want to hang out sometime?

her: *shrugs*

her: goodnight richard

How am I supposed to take that? It's not a flat-out rejection, but it sounds like indifference, which to me is way worse.

I'm not sure how to feel or what to say to her next or if I should even talk to her again. This has been bothering me since last night, and I'm not sure what to do to shut it out.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to this girl more last night, and she is a confusing one. She doesn't want to hang out, but has no problem if I want to call her.

Thank you all for your input. I agree, Aelice, that she's not into me. Maybe her opinion will change. it's doubtful, but at this point, it's whatever.

I didn't mention any specific or non-specific activities, I just asked if she wanted to hang out. Maybe that was interpreted as passive-aggressive, and maybe I need to be more aggressive?

I've met a couple girls who were really excited at the prospect of meeting me, one of whom hung out with me at my parents' house while we played video games in my room. We didn't end up dating, but we are still friends.

Everyone's different, I guess. Maybe she needs time to be coaxed out of her shell. I wrote my initial rant when I was overtired and having a bad day. I'm having another bad day, but at least I'm well-rested now!

Stop meeting girls online.

Seriously.

I'm mixed, here. :P I've met some nice guys on OKCupid, but most of them are psychopaths so I've totally stopped meeting guys for dates. But I introduced my friend to the site, and 2 months later, she moved in with her online sweetie and they are like the perfect couple. I'm just super picky and the whole prospect of meeting that special someone in general is weird weird weird.

<-- needs too much alone time to really commit to a relationship right now

Also, don't take it personally! Before meeting a dude online, I definitely take my time. I've met WAY too many freaky guys who ended up having a bestiality fetish, just wanted a hook-up (and I specifically state in my profile that I'm not that kinda girl), or are creepy 40-50 year old guys who hate women but want to relieve their hormonal teenage years with a young chica.

Stop meeting girls online.

Seriously.

it depends Mike, I met Rita online and we chatted for like a year on the phone and through chats and then we met and BAM I'm happily married.. but I'll admit that online relationships are for the birds if there isn't any human contact

Also, don't take it personally! Before meeting a dude online, I definitely take my time. I've met WAY too many freaky guys who ended up having a bestiality fetish, just wanted a hook-up (and I specifically state in my profile that I'm not that kinda girl), or are creepy 40-50 year old guys who hate women but want to relieve their hormonal teenage years with a young chica.

Yeah, I took it personally because I as having a really bad day; that was icing on the cake. I got her number yesterday, and I'm going to give her a call, when it's convenient, lol.

It really is a crying shame how many creeps there are out there that ruin it for us good guys who are looking online for a legitimate relationship, and not just some random play.

I met Rita online and we chatted for like a year on the phone and through chats and then we met and BAM I'm happily married..

Good stuff, man. Congrats!

but I'll admit that online relationships are for the birds if there isn't any human contact

Agreed. Let the teenagers have their unrequited online-only lovelife. I'm too old for that shit.

Hahaha! Some of the responses on here are just too damn funny! (^o^ ) <3

But yeah. I guess I'm old-skool & I rather meet people face to face. I'm not into the whole meeting people online deal. Too many weirdos out there!

That chick sounds like, "Meh. Whatever." Sounds like a waste of time to me if you're trying to go farther than an online friendship. Yeap. (^_^ )

Yeah, but for people who are introverts (LIKE ME :D :D), I've met plenty of other awesome introverts online that I would never have met in person.

I'm going back to the old school way for dating, though. Too bad I work in one of the most shallow cities in the nation.. /wrist/ Nobody values a dark sense of humor and the ability to breathe with only one lung.

/doesn't want those shallow douchebags anyway/