Accelerated Evolution

Galexia - Dead Roses (Pure Trippy Sabbathy Death Metal)

Wind

I hope I'm not just thinking this is a bad-ass death metal song, its track 3 of disc 2 of The Maze.

"Dead Roses"

Dead Roses; Finally got my writing groove back (I think)

^Download

rate it 1-10 for style, production, ideas of song structure, and my improving brutal ground from hell.

Hitting a bong helps during the first riff part as it changes time signatures in a messhugah way although it has a growl backwords that goes left channel to right channel, backwords the words say "all hail satan" hehehe. then it blasts off into fucking pure carnage.

I like the riffs a lot, and the drums are pretty tight. I guess my only complaint is there's too much stuff that's not the guitars/drums... The intro is a bit long. But the growls are pretty awesome.

The music is certainly all over the place -- which is good and bad. It's complicated and there may be too much going on in the one song. But maybe that's just me.

I like the riffs a lot, and the drums are pretty tight. I guess my only complaint is there's too much stuff that's not the guitars/drums... The intro is a bit long. But the growls are pretty awesome.

The music is certainly all over the place -- which is good and bad. It's complicated and there may be too much going on in the one song. But maybe that's just me.

pretty much all my music is all over the place xD

and what do you mean by Gorilla stuff stranger?

the gorilla style grunting in the beginning :awesome:

actually, i think the problem (for me) is that there might just be a bit too much going on, for my own tastes. musically it sounds good but it's super layered and i'm never sure what it is that i should be listening to :D that's probably the progginess coming out, and i was never SUPER into prog ANYTHING

props on the mega changes in genres though - did you pick what you like playing/making the most?

Yeah I'm on more of a role now and I know what "The Maze" is really going to sound like, I've scrapped like 18 songs (for real) I really love "Pig Trap" I may make it the second single after "The Maze".

but word, I'm trying to be very Trent Reznory during "The Fragile" era where he did alot of weird instrumental distraction stuff with samples and static and whatnot along with dark progressive and some death metal thrown in. Keeping it trippy through-out.