Accelerated Evolution

Three Headed Boy new song (Cip came over and I recorded and produced it)

Wind

I feel I did an amazing beautiful job with making his voice sparkle and front in the mix, then the synth patch is wonderful. I like it enough to submit it to my label as a single on itunes, gotta do a little more to it because he wants he to add and change stuff but heres what we got. 3 minutes exactly, IMO perfect indie rock hit for college radio and perhaps even a station we get called "104.1" going to submit the finished copy to them.

Three Headed Boy - Untitled (jokingly titled Penny Loafers) haha.

Cip's New Single, produced at Galexia Studios.

give it a 1-10 rating and list reasons why for both song structure, lyrics, and production please. Thank You.

I really just want to add a few more vocal tracks over it to strengthen the vocals a little more, and adding some synths and other textures to other verses would be a plus too I think. The quality is very satisfactory though. I wouldn't ever dream of it reaching 104.1, even college radio is a little over my head.

Also there's no point in really rating it now because this isn't the finished product

edit: after listening a few times I've found a few little things. There's too much reverb to begin with because my S's are emphasized far too much, this is especially noticeable in the first verse. And I think the second piano part on the last verse speeds up a little bit.

Sounds pretty good. I don't think the vocals actually sound like they're really in the front of the mix. It's not bad, just not in the very front. The eighth note chords that get repeated on the piano need to be fixed a bit because they're a little fast. It also sounds like there's a bit of clipping but I can't really tell from what. Overall it works, it could just be polished some more.

Sounds pretty good. I don't think the vocals actually sound like they're really in the front of the mix. It's not bad, just not in the very front. The eighth note chords that get repeated on the piano need to be fixed a bit because they're a little fast. It also sounds like there's a bit of clipping but I can't really tell from what. Overall it works, it could just be polished some more.

that's pretty much how I feel. We didn't record it in one shot which I usually only do, but due to the tension in my guitar on this particular recording I had to take many stabs at it.

The piano he REALLY wanted, I really just liked the mellotron I feel we do it with just the mellotron or the piano on one octave lower and you can do that swift exchange of notes you originally tried in the pattern. Producers do play keyboards on parts, I can easily play that part for you and you can practice it.