Accelerated Evolution

One Swarm

Svenska Aeroplan

So, I found this cool new P2P file sharing program that allows you to share stuff with your friends. It's called OneSwarm. Check it out: http://oneswarm.cs.washington.edu/index.html

Watch the videos on the site to see how it works.

You can add me via my Google ID: crownedgriffin

or my ID:

MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC2yIjt5

XJU3YOGa67JpqT6f2Idx+FVeTN4LaUNZaknooSy4/RxMU

kr46ygYWeAVPMXuJ+lZ6LCEs4CQRVxfw5leF1iTmKpqMi

+KpoJNlqbB81hL6EjAKlW5HgDq8va+5xYKidI1Cq8DfAn

/fevkMKcyXUyWuL9iLErSndRfmxGqQIDAQAB

Add me. Share your stuff.

Note: If you add me, it doesn't show all my shared stuff yet. It seems to be taking forever to find everything. I'm not sure what it's doing, but it's been going all day and all night, and it is still slowly finding stuff.

Do you assign what you want shared? Or does it use a crappy sharing folder?

Edit: And I don't really get this. Can you keep it closed to a friends-only share? Or is it all public. The FAQ is a little odd in that regard.

You can specify what folders you want to share. You can specify who you want or don't want to share with. The Wiki and the videos have more info.

I canceled some stuff on mine.

Mind, i should have realized hashing like 200 gigs of stuff at once wasn't going to work out well.

Yes. That is dumb. It is only version 0.5 though.

That's kinda' stupid, though. It had the ability to identify folders and directories while doing the hash...

This is a neat idea. Hopefully something comes of it.

It's wierd. It seems to be smart enough to ignore odd characters and stuff before file names. I have a lot of anime that is [FanSubGroup]_Anime_Title_01.mkv], and it will organize it as if it started with an A. Also, it is smart enough to know that MKVs are video files. I've had similar programs like this that just ignored them, and were therefor useless.

Shite. I think it's stuck. It hasn't moved past 119GB all day, but it's still pegging the CPU. I also still cannot add any friends because it bogs the browser down so much. I'll let it run over night while I'm at work, but I may have to move it over to my more powerful PC.

How long did you guys' take to list everything, and how many GB do you have shared?

Shite. I think it's stuck. It hasn't moved past 119GB all day, but it's still pegging the CPU. I also still cannot add any friends because it bogs the browser down so much. I'll let it run over night while I'm at work, but I may have to move it over to my more powerful PC.

How long did you guys' take to list everything, and how many GB do you have shared?

I only shared my music folder so far. About 4.3GB. Took ten minutes or so.