Accelerated Evolution

Windows Live and Controllers

Svenska Aeroplan

So, as you may know, most stupid Games For Windows Live games will only accept Xbox 360 controllers. I don't have an XBox 360, so I need to buy a controller, but I'm having a hard time finding a used one that isn't wireless. I'm sure as hell not paying the stupid price they want for a new one (especially when I already have controllers that work just fine and they're trying to screw me over by forcing me to buy a specific type.) So, failing to find a used one, would an off-brand type such as a Mad Catz work with Windows Live, or is Windows Live smart enough to reject it?

I would assume any 360 controller would work. What game are you trying to play with a controller? I can't really think of any that aren't vastly superior with mouse and keyboard...

If you have a wireless one you need to buy a separate adapter to plug into your pc otherwise you gotta get a usb 360 controller

I bought a Mad Catz wired 360 controller specifically for use with my PC. It's shaped and looks pretty much just like a normal one (none of that awful design crap that 3rd party controllers tend to have) and was 20 bucks I think, as opposed to the insanely priced 40 dollar microsoft ones.

What game are you trying to play with a controller? I can't really think of any that aren't vastly superior with mouse and keyboard...

I don't know about Mag-X, but I use mine with racing games and Mirror's Edge.

Copy-pasta from from your thread on AN

You can try WinDS3 and use your Six Axis or Dual Shock 3 controller. I have no idea if it works - I've never used it.

I'm pretty sure 3rd party controllers will work. i know someone who uses a Logitech pad for Fallout 3 (God knows why). Amazon has used wired 360 controllers for $20.

The game I'm trying to play specifically is GTAIV. Driving with the keyboard is a crash fest. It absolutely, positively, will not use anything except for an XBox 360 controller.

Than WinDS3 thing would be cool if my PC supported blue tooth, but it does not.

I know the Mad Catz controllers will work with Windows, but what about Windows Live games specifically?

360 controller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Entire Dualshock series. I haven't been able to stand the DualShock design since I bought the original for my PSX. I fucking hate not having the sticks staggered.

And the Six Axis? Just shy of the worst controller in history next to the pos I have for my CD-i.