Accelerated Evolution

Addicts

DreamerGirl

Ok, so I know everyone has been touched by an addict in some way or another so I'm hoping this turns into a group rant. I am so sick of the addiction is a disease so I can't control myself BS. I do agree addiction can be a disease, but the addiction itself is not what causes them to turn on the people who care about them. I'm an addict. I still would never hurt the people close to me because of my stupid problems. The selfishness of some of them is ridiculous, and rather than just admit they are selfish assholes, they try to create excuses.

Alicia's ex was an addict who had no place to stay, so she was nice enough to let him stay with her and her family. He ended up telling all these lies about me to my parents and then took off one day while I was at work, so I got to come home to a drug test and finding out he tried to steal ONE OF MY BROTHERS VIDEO games. Three months later he wants "his girl" back, and "his girl" wants to break his bones still.

those people would be just as intolerable if they werent addicts imo. Some people just have the idea that their lives are unfair and the world owes them something.

no its because they're horribly depressed and conufsed, and eventually fall into a habit because its a familiar and it makes you feel good.

sucks doesn't it, getting your shit stolen all the time. I guess its the company you keep. My best friends use hard drugs alot, but there still my friends, no matter how many times they fuck up.

See now I don't have the patience for that kind of abuse.

I've stayed at friend's houses all the time but would never dream of taking anything. No matter how hard up I was....

those people would be just as intolerable if they werent addicts imo. Some people just have the idea that their lives are unfair and the world owes them something.

I never thought of it that way before but you are so right!

• 2 weeks later...

maybe this is emotion and not reason speaking here, but fuck that

I don't buy that shit. No way. They can be good people most of the time.

maybe this is emotion and not reason speaking here, but fuck that

I don't buy that shit. No way. They can be good people most of the time.

I think we meant the selfish-screw-you-over ones.

I have quite a few addict friends who'd risk almost anything for me if I really needed it.

That's why it's so much harder when someone screws someone over. We're supposed to be family!

If you think about it, if we don't look out for each other no one else will.

At least that's my take.

I think we meant the selfish-screw-you-over ones.

I have quite a few addict friends who'd risk almost anything for me if I really needed it.

That's why it's so much harder when someone screws someone over. We're supposed to be family!

If you think about it, if we don't look out for each other no one else will.

At least that's my take.

a certain brother of mine is an addict

if there was ever anything serious, he'd do anything he can to help our family

he's done some real selfish asshat shit in the past and it has screwed over people in my family. Given a chance, he might do that same type of shit again.

He is still my brother. I abandoned any hope of rational thought on this matter long ago.