Accelerated Evolution

Should I buy an Amazon Kindle?

Kindle?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Seriously

• Yes, spending excessive amounts of money on electronics will help the economy.
    • No, you're a tool
    • eBook reader? You want a device that reads books? Are you allergic to paper or something?

Yes. if you read a lot. The books are substantially less expensive in most cases, so you end up ahead in the long run.

I really want to get my mom one as she probably drops $5000 a year on books, but no one at Amazon can tell me whether or not the free CDMA networking works up here.

Yes. if you read a lot. The books are substantially less expensive in most cases, so you end up ahead in the long run.

I really want to get my mom one as she probably drops $5000 a year on books, but no one at Amazon can tell me whether or not the free CDMA networking works up here.

The savings really comes in handy for hardcover books.. and I don't buy many of those. But I might if they cost $9.99 as opposed to $25+.

The savings really comes in handy for hardcover books.. and I don't buy many of those. But I might if they cost $9.99 as opposed to $25+.

When I looked a couple months ago there were also a lot of older books available for like $2.99. That's more what I was referring to.

it shouldn't work as it runs off of sprint's network (crappy usa carrier coverage at that).

but i don't know if they have a different deal/network set up for canada.

i'm kinda split on this. on one hand, it's really fucking cool. on the other i also adore having the physical copy. but since thats just me i think you should go for it.

DSi.

The $40 difference is steep, but with the extra ram it's possible some future DS games will only be playable on DSi. Plus it has DSWare.

And it's a camera

And an MP3 player

And a portable web browser (And substantially better at it than the PSP)

About the only negative is the lack of a GBA slot. Now if only they would release a DS Lite that also accepted GB/GBC games. Ooooh mama.