Accelerated Evolution

6 months gone, now what?

Satan

This (scholastic) year, I have done the following

Intro Physics, required Humanities course, math (intro # theory 1st semester, intro analysis 2nd semester)

Mock Trial

various free time activities (sword boffing, RPGs, etc)

cycling

Nuclear Reactor training

Next year my course load should increase massively.

today I failed to meet a reactor deadline. The director told me I would not get an extension. Mock Trial is over, and was so poorly organized that it was mostly a waste of time. I sacrificed a lot of classwork and free time for the reactor. It was more work than any class I was in this year. My winter break ended 5 days early due to reactor. I don't know what I've invested more time, effort, energy, or emotion into than this; I haven't done the math yet, maybe the cross country tour. Certainly no individual class has taken up more of my time than the reactor. 2 months from now, what will I have to show for it?

Sophomores are allowed to take reactor training.

I was going to bike to Seattle this coming week (it's my Spring break) but decided not to because I though i needed to catch up on reactor work.

You doing Mechanical or Electrical engineering or physics?

If you're asking about my major, my school doesn't even offer proper engineering, so the first two aren't technically options. I could do physics and then defect during grad school (and yes, defect is the term,) but I'm probably not going to go into physics at all. Then again, I really don't know what I'm going to go into.

biking too seattle? whereabouts do you live?

Probably not anytime soon, but maybe. I go to school in Portland, so it's only about 200 miles. I was figuring on 2 days up, stay with a friend, then either one or two days back.

So all your reactor stuff is for naught? I had trouble understanding the first post a bit.

Yeah, I wrote this while about as mentally fucked up as I've been. Since I sacrificed the chance to take extra classes, the chance to do well in math, and a good deal of other shit for it, I really don't know what to do. It's to the point where in hindsight I wish I had not done my math midterm, thrown myself at my prof's mercy and just focused on trying to meet my deadline.

If you're asking about my major, my school doesn't even offer proper engineering, so the first two aren't technically options. I could do physics and then defect during grad school (and yes, defect is the term,) but I'm probably not going to go into physics at all. Then again, I really don't know what I'm going to go into.

Hmmm... What is that you want to do once you get out of school? Basically, what is your realistic "dream job"?

My unrealistic "deam job" was to eventually start up a car company, but at the way things are going, I highly doubt that will be happening. Next step would be engineering suspension & chassis bracing for certain cars, but that has gone down hill too.

Now I'm doing random Structural/Civil Engineering projects that involve houses, apartments, condominiums, buildings, retaining walls, water works, roller coaster, & stuff. Not really my ultimate "dream job", but it does keep me entertained a bit. Heh!

Shoot, that sucks man. I had a similar breakdown about a year ago when I decided that I sucked at music a lot. Of course, that's a bit different, as it's merely a hobby for me and I wasn't going for a music degree or anything.

Just keep your head up, deal with this shit, keep in school and it'll seem like forever ago soon enough. If you do better in all your classes next quarter you'll feel a hell of a lot better.

Hmmm... What is that you want to do once you get out of school? Basically, what is your realistic "dream job"?

My unrealistic "deam job" was to eventually start up a car company, but at the way things are going, I highly doubt that will be happening. Next step would be engineering suspension & chassis bracing for certain cars, but that has gone down hill too.

Now I'm doing random Structural/Civil Engineering projects that involve houses, apartments, condominiums, buildings, retaining walls, water works, roller coaster, & stuff. Not really my ultimate "dream job", but it does keep me entertained a bit. Heh!

no damn clue.

I'm looking at law or academia, but really those are just ideas that sound like fun.

Shoot, that sucks man. I had a similar breakdown about a year ago when I decided that I sucked at music a lot. Of course, that's a bit different, as it's merely a hobby for me and I wasn't going for a music degree or anything.

Just keep your head up, deal with this shit, keep in school and it'll seem like forever ago soon enough. If you do better in all your classes next quarter you'll feel a hell of a lot better.

you have to understand how the whole class thing works. I may not have done it in a while, but Math is still only a matter of properly applying myself. Physics is AP Physics again. Hum is a matter of bullshitting and putting up with other people's bullshit. I purposefully took classes that don't matter. When I said I sacrificed academics, I meant it in more than one way.