08 - Things Fall Apart 6:29

09 - Materia 3:54

10 - Pig Trap 3:54

11 - Empty 5:41

12 - XanaX 4:35

13 - Blue Eyes 4:21

14 - Delay Effect 7:23

------------------------------------

(hope everyone digs the totally rad album art, I feel it fits the music PERFECT)

Been working on this CD constantly since three days after the completion of the debut. In my opinion this CD is the first CD that completely feels like it has a different sound that is consistant through-out the entire disc, perhaps the sound that is "Galexia". Much darker than the debut, heavier than the debut, much better production than the debut, more interesting musically than the debut...... While the debut got great reviews from all the E-zines and the select magazines that reviewed it, and sold well via Itunes - I feel this album will grade better and hopefully follow the singles trend of charting (The title track charted via itunes in 17 countries including #47 in england)

By posting the album here, I trust you all not to leak it (I know you wouldn't nobody here is a dick) but just to give it a listen even if you have not enjoyed anything of mine in the past - its far different. I had 3 and a half CD's of good material, was going to make this a double disc and had a great double disc line up but felt it was too long as two discs and some tracks while I still loved felt a bit like filler. I even left out a few songs that I feel are better than those that replaced them in the final tracklist, but this tracklist I feel is the most consistant flowing and best sounding overall.

enjoy and...

---------

ENTER THE MAZE < download

---------

"I'm looking at the seaside, looking at the sunrise, looking at the starfall, looking at my body crawl, looking that I need more"

I'm having eminem's sound producer do post production mastering for the actual hard-disk copy, he is rather reasonable with money and did a before and after of 10 seconds of a track for me, and the hardware he has and knowledge of post production mastering with EQ is huge. sounds miles clearer, better lows and highs, vocals sound so much more up front and polished etc... excited to get that done :) also getting either 1000 jewelcases or 1000 6 fold digipacks, 300 posters, 200 download cards (I sell them and buyer punches in code to download the album), 300 t-shirts, 1 plaque that has the album art, the disc, commemerative text, then my name all behind glass framed, and one 3 x 5 foot event banner ^__^

Damn I couldn't have asked for a more awesome first review than that, def. made my worries after no responses for a few days go away. I love it it so much and as soon as it was finished proclaimed it my musical masterpiece thus far in my career and the silence either told me nobody had a chance to listen or to post yet, or the one that dwelled in my mind more "it sucks ass and nobody wants to hurt my feelings" haha!

I found something really cool on the dream theater forums, so I signed up and corrected the release date and posted album art / tracklisting, but on the Dream Theater forums "2009 Album Release calender" they mentioned Galexia - The Maze which totally made my week, perhaps my month lol.

http://dreamtheaterforums.org/forum/index.php?topic=21356.0

Nick please add

Galexia - The Maze 2009/03/10 is the rumoured release date.

http://ytsejam.com/modules.php?name=News&a...le&sid=5792

an interview with the genius wonder kid behind it

WOOHOO I'm a genius wonder kid?! haha

ps. "SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT... Diesel."

Listening to it now.

X- Really freaking rad track, that weird scratching noise reminds me a bit of NiN but the crazy beat makes this song awesome.

The Maze- I'm not sure how I feel about this one, I'll have to listen to it more. After the 2 minute mark it gets intense and really picks up though.

Waves Out- The drums in the start of this track are awesome, and the vocals go perfectly with them. I think some harder vocals mixed in at different times would work great in it though. And the guitar is awesome at the 1:10 mark. Digging this the best so far because everything blends so well together. The end of the track went perfectly with the vocals stopping but that crazy beat to continue.

Always Falling- I like the pure instrumentals in the back of this track but to me the vocals at some point don't fit amazingly well but at other times it does work. It just sounds like it keeps drawling on a bit and that there should be some breaks in between. The 3:55 part is totally unexpected with the harsh vocals and the rad theme music makes this song unique.

Opana- This song reminds me a lot of Radiohead, don't know if you had some inspiration by them but I'm liking Opana so far. The high vocals and crazy background to this song is amazing, what is that backing up your vocals at like 2:10- onward? Definitely my 2nd favorite track so far. The guitar is freaking beautiful 3/4 through it.

Rusty Razor- Intro to this song is great, really goes well with the track name. Loving from 1:20 on and the pace it's taking where it slows down a bit and the vocals support it amazingly well. The middle of this song is like a melt down, the repeating of "I cant take this anymore" and quick drum beat followed by vocals coming to back it up and a change in pace back at like 5:50. Man this track is close to my favorite of the album, this new album is waaaay better then your old stuff dude.

Deconstructed- Keyboard in the intro is really cool stuff, this track seriously feels like something out of a movie. Shows some promise for film scores. I can even imagine it as a video game track or something. Great track. Title fits this perfectly.

Things Fall Apart- Quicker pace, vocals are more intense and the build up makes me want this song to fucking rock out at any minute 1:30 on, yet it just keeps teasing while going back to a slower theme. The beat in the background is memorable like at the 3:48 mark with screeching sounds coming in and out. The only thing that I wish it did have was exploding vocals, like a meltdown of sorts.

Materia- Perfect song to follow up after "Things Fall Apart", chill song, flows great. Made this song blend together amazingly well.

Pig Trap- A little slow at first, works for the song because it picks up at like 1:20 or something but I feel like there may be too many overlapping vocals at that certain part. Probably my least favorite track so far, but I still think it's pretty good. Had to be one I guess.

Empty- Man the supporting keyboard in the back is crazy weird and totally works. From 2:20- 3 onward it really changes with vocals and effects making it totally unique so far on the album up to this point. Seriously, 4 minutes on this song changes pace again and then returns to the keyboard in the back which works great. Nice robot finish btw with cool crackling.

XanaX- Intro is freaking heavy man, love the light vocal chorus in the background supporting throughout. Epic shit, wailing guitars and a nice beat blending and molding together like a sea dude. Song gives chills. Definitely a favorite on the album of mine.

Blue Eyes- Like the vocals and lyrics except I think the few piano chords detract from it a bit at first but then blend a lot better when more support comes in from the synthy sounds and everything. Works with the beat later though. Vocal morphs later are utilized great and not abused like with some musicians, I think your ability to use many different assets but never abusing one is really great with this album. The drums picking up at the end seriously rock. At 18 seconds left at the end I love that you left no instruments in there, that's almost how I thought you should have started it but it does work great at the end. Nice.

Delay Effect- Ok, last track. Really good one to have finishing off, feels like a dream of sorts, almost like I'm being hypnotized at points.

This song picks up a lot at the end with the awesome robot overlap vocals

Great stuff dude, favorite tracks were:

X, Waves Out, Rusty Razors, Opana and Xanax. Alright, well I'm off to go read some Vonnegut. Later!

Listening to it now.

X- Really freaking rad track, that weird scratching noise reminds me a bit of NiN but the crazy beat makes this song awesome.

The Maze- I'm not sure how I feel about this one, I'll have to listen to it more. After the 2 minute mark it gets intense and really picks up though.

Waves Out- The drums in the start of this track are awesome, and the vocals go perfectly with them. I think some harder vocals mixed in at different times would work great in it though. And the guitar is awesome at the 1:10 mark. Digging this the best so far because everything blends so well together. The end of the track went perfectly with the vocals stopping but that crazy beat to continue.

Always Falling- I like the pure instrumentals in the back of this track but to me the vocals at some point don't fit amazingly well but at other times it does work. It just sounds like it keeps drawling on a bit and that there should be some breaks in between. The 3:55 part is totally unexpected with the harsh vocals and the rad theme music makes this song unique.

Opana- This song reminds me a lot of Radiohead, don't know if you had some inspiration by them but I'm liking Opana so far. The high vocals and crazy background to this song is amazing, what is that backing up your vocals at like 2:10- onward? Definitely my 2nd favorite track so far. The guitar is freaking beautiful 3/4 through it.

Rusty Razor- Intro to this song is great, really goes well with the track name. Loving from 1:20 on and the pace it's taking where it slows down a bit and the vocals support it amazingly well. The middle of this song is like a melt down, the repeating of "I cant take this anymore" and quick drum beat followed by vocals coming to back it up and a change in pace back at like 5:50. Man this track is close to my favorite of the album, this new album is waaaay better then your old stuff dude.

Deconstructed- Keyboard in the intro is really cool stuff, this track seriously feels like something out of a movie. Shows some promise for film scores. I can even imagine it as a video game track or something. Great track. Title fits this perfectly.

Things Fall Apart- Quicker pace, vocals are more intense and the build up makes me want this song to fucking rock out at any minute 1:30 on, yet it just keeps teasing while going back to a slower theme. The beat in the background is memorable like at the 3:48 mark with screeching sounds coming in and out. The only thing that I wish it did have was exploding vocals, like a meltdown of sorts.

Materia- Perfect song to follow up after "Things Fall Apart", chill song, flows great. Made this song blend together amazingly well.

Pig Trap- A little slow at first, works for the song because it picks up at like 1:20 or something but I feel like there may be too many overlapping vocals at that certain part. Probably my least favorite track so far, but I still think it's pretty good. Had to be one I guess.

Empty- Man the supporting keyboard in the back is crazy weird and totally works. From 2:20- 3 onward it really changes with vocals and effects making it totally unique so far on the album up to this point. Seriously, 4 minutes on this song changes pace again and then returns to the keyboard in the back which works great. Nice robot finish btw with cool crackling.

XanaX- Intro is freaking heavy man, love the light vocal chorus in the background supporting throughout. Epic shit, wailing guitars and a nice beat blending and molding together like a sea dude. Song gives chills. Definitely a favorite on the album of mine.

Blue Eyes- Like the vocals and lyrics except I think the few piano chords detract from it a bit at first but then blend a lot better when more support comes in from the synthy sounds and everything. Works with the beat later though. Vocal morphs later are utilized great and not abused like with some musicians, I think your ability to use many different assets but never abusing one is really great with this album. The drums picking up at the end seriously rock. At 18 seconds left at the end I love that you left no instruments in there, that's almost how I thought you should have started it but it does work great at the end. Nice.

Delay Effect- Ok, last track. Really good one to have finishing off, feels like a dream of sorts, almost like I'm being hypnotized at points.

This song picks up a lot at the end with the awesome robot overlap vocals

Great stuff dude, favorite tracks were:

X, Waves Out, Rusty Razors, Opana and Xanax. Alright, well I'm off to go read some Vonnegut. Later!

thanks alot for the review man! great feedback :-D

your question about opana on the 2:10+ mark, its the chords of the song being played extremely fast on keyboards in arpeggio's with a really sick vintage synth patch. Very Ayreon-ish sound to that part imo.