Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Ceraziefish

The situation.

I'm totally head-over-heels retarded WTF-out of nowhere crushing on this friend of mine right now. And I suspect that the feeling is mutual. We've been hanging out almost every day for the last two weeks and last night when I said "I'm going to miss you when I'm in Egypt," she said not to talk about it. It's actually pretty cute in a fucked up way.

Here's the problem, though: about a month after I get back from Egypt, she's going to Japan for the entire summer. And after that, her plans are to be around for Fall Quarter and then go to Japan again in Winter. FML.

Anyway, I'm going to a party with her tonight; hopefully at some point I'll have an opportunity to tell her. Really I should have last night but I'm such a pussy. Oh well.

Wish me luck. If you want to help out, send me a text telling me to not be a bitch at about midnight PST tonight.

She left the party early! :angry: Apparently she was sick or something.

But before she left she asked me what time I was leaving today (today is my last day in Olympia) and said that we need to hang out today. I woke up recently and I've been waking up slowly. So hopefully something will happen later on today. <3

She left the party early! :angry: Apparently she was sick or something.

But before she left she asked me what time I was leaving today (today is my last day in Olympia) and said that we need to hang out today. I woke up recently and I've been waking up slowly. So hopefully something will happen later on today. <3

Im keepin' my fingers crossed for ya dude! good luck :biggrin:

do what feels right/gl.

with the power of the internet on your side, long distance relationships have never been easier!

FUCK.

So we went around and had a good time and I decided that I'd tell her when she dropped me off back at my house. And when we got there, my asshole roommate was there moving in groceries, and ended up talking with her until she had to leave and I didn't have a chance to say anything. FUCK. I tried to call her a couple times since then (I've left Olympia until May, so it's not like I can see her...) but she didn't answer, so I left a message.

Slight update: I finally got her on the phone and informed her. She didn't really know how to respond, and I don't really know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. She said she was flattered? Wtf does that mean. Anyway, I don't have to deal with her for a month and a half...

Slight update: I finally got her on the phone and informed her. She didn't really know how to respond, and I don't really know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. She said she was flattered? Wtf does that mean. Anyway, I don't have to deal with her for a month and a half...

Flattered seems like a stall to me; a pause for it all to sink in. Not that that is a negative thing, only she probably hasn't put anywhere near as much thought into the idea of progressing your relationship as you have. But you've let her know, you've sowed a seed, and that's about the best one can hope for. You've got a month and a half for the it take root or not, enjoy Egypt man! :headbang:

Flattered seems like a stall to me; a pause for it all to sink in. Not that that is a negative thing, only she probably hasn't put anywhere near as much thought into the idea of progressing your relationship as you have. But you've let her know, you've sowed a seed, and that's about the best one can hope for. You've got a month and a half for the it take root or not, enjoy Egypt man! :headbang:

That was sort of what I gathered from the situation.

Also, she did say, with a hint of sadness, that I was leaving; I said "But I'm coming back!" and then she said, "But then I'm leaving." To which my response, of course, was "You think I hadn't realized that?"

Apparently, about three days after I left for Egypt, she fell in love with some dude from Maryland and now wants to move there. FML.

Apparently, about three days after I left for Egypt, she fell in love with some dude from Maryland and now wants to move there. FML.

lol?

not to laugh at your dismay or anything. but whenever i see/hear something like this happened i just don't get it.

sorry to hear about that man. i'm sure you'll find someone better for you anyway.

and just for future reference, if you're having a conversation and she doesn't seem interested. flattered is code for "thanks for the complement, but no."

that's a bunch of BULLSHEET right there. seriously, 'the fuck kind of thing is that. I fucking hate it when people do shit like that. Fuck her life, not yours dude.

I'm willing to bet your information is incomplete. People don't fall in love in three days, but they do have a nasty habit of not being totally honest up front.

I guess I was more right than I wanted to be; it was a stall, but only a stall to tell you the truth. Sorry about bitches man.

I had a situation like that before...

this one girl that I was head over heels, madly in love with on the day that my dog had died had professed her undying love for me. Granted I was piss drunk at the time, because, well, my dog had just died. I was tryig to drown my sorrows in some smirnoff green apple! Anyways, they dropped me off at my house and she had got on AIM and wanted to talk to me.

Long story short, she had told me how much she loved me and wanted to be with me, blah blah, blah! I was so happy. the only thing was is thatn she lived in another town, so I had to wait to see her. The next tie I saw her, she had already found/had gotten a new boyfriend.

I was just there, pretty much speechless. That was like 5 years ago and to this day that event still traumatizes me. Deep down, I never gave up hope for the two of us, but we have grown so apart I doubt things will ever be the same. (plus the fact that I am with someone else now, so thinking about this isn't the most healthy type of deals for my current relationship. lol)

~

Anyways, just chimed in to let you know I feel yer pain and ti sucks man. It fucking sucks.