Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
TeleportSandwich

PETA protest ends in epic fail

Why do you say that? Not that I don't agree.

I think this is a perfect example. That is, if I'm understanding it correctly. They were in a game protesting the in-game killing of in-game baby seals, right?

They have problems with depictions of killing animals. It creates a normative environment where killing animals becomes something partially acceptable. Their feelings are understandable, on a level.

They have problems with depictions of killing animals. It creates a normative environment where killing animals becomes something partially acceptable. Their feelings are understandable, on a level.

Aside from the fact that killing animals IS normal, because we eat them. If you want to keep discussing it, I suggest we avoid ruining the thread and move to SD&D (kinda like what sometimes happens in RT).

The protest had more to do with something happening to Canadian Seals IRL, not something that was happening in game. Why they wouldn't just bug Canada instead of the WoW community is beyond me though

The protest had more to do with something happening to Canadian Seals IRL, not something that was happening in game. Why they wouldn't just bug Canada instead of the WoW community is beyond me though

See: Loons

Because we told them rather plainly to fuck off.