Accelerated Evolution

15 Year Old Charged with Piracy

Meh, whatever happens to this kid, its way better than starving to death in the Somalian desert.

I'm just bothered by what a case like this says about the US legal system to the world. Has the court's blatant age discrimination worn thin on anyone else? They'll decide that a 15 year old is mature enough to be responsible for his actions if he's toting a gun, but never mature enough to be responsible for his actions if he wants to drink/drive/vote/etc...

Hell, it's not like the kid is even educated, or a US citizen for that matter. Any attempt to hold him legally responsible for his actions in a US Court of Law is laughable if you ask me.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, whatever happens to this kid, its way better than starving to death in the Somalian desert.

I'm just bothered by what a case like this says about the US legal system to the world. Has the court's blatant age discrimination worn thin on anyone else? They'll decide that a 15 year old is mature enough to be responsible for his actions if he's toting a gun, but never mature enough to be responsible for his actions if he wants to drink/drive/vote/etc...

Hell, it's not like the kid is even educated, or a US citizen for that matter. Any attempt to hold him legally responsible for his actions in a US Court of Law is laughable if you ask me.

Your right, he should be taken out back of a shed and shot.

yeah, thats pretty fucked up, it wasn't even in american territory, however, totally understandable if there is some kind of treaty system that they gave power like that over to the US.

you guys gotta chill, piracy happens all the time pretty much everywhere where theres alot of international boat traffic, its just as bad as if they robbed a bank, i think killing them under court of law is a little steep.

Shoulda been shot with the rest.

Totally fine with it.

Your right, he should be taken out back of a shed and shot.

Lol @ your cultural idiocy and latent white supremacy! :awesome: :awesome:

Keep fighting the good fight boys. I hear they make sheets in your sizes... :rolleyes:

Edit: South Park knows what I'm talking about.

I don't see how I should be fitted with a sheet because I'm okay with the guy going to jail. Personally I oppose the death penalty of all sorts, but jailing him? I'm alright with it. He knew what he was doing. Commit a crime, get your punishment. Stop stealing from boats in international waters. Simple enough.

Of course the punishment for said crime can always be debated and changed, but I'm fine with justice working, and my heart doesn't bleed for everyone.

I don't see how I should be fitted with a sheet because I'm okay with the guy going to jail. Personally I oppose the death penalty of all sorts, but jailing him? I'm alright with it. He knew what he was doing. Commit a crime, get your punishment. Stop stealing from boats in international waters. Simple enough.

Of course the punishment for said crime can always be debated and changed, but I'm fine with justice working, and my heart doesn't bleed for everyone.

This is hardly justice.

Hey he should consider himself lucky, 3 hots and a cot, thats way better than eating dirt in whatever shithole country he's from. American prison is a huge step up, plus he has the distinction of being the first person in over a 100 years to be charged with piracy, I'm sure Bubba will be more than happy to make his aquaintance :awesome:

Hey he should consider himself lucky, 3 hots and a cot, thats way better than eating dirt in whatever shithole country he's from. American prison is a huge step up, plus he has the distinction of being the first person in over a 100 years to be charged with piracy, I'm sure Bubba will be more than happy to make his aquaintance :awesome:

Except the 11 siblings and his parents that he'll never see again. :rolleyes:

Seriously, jailing people has never, ever, ever fixed anything. Jailing him and saying justice has been served is ignoring the problem itself, that these people are poor enough and have had bad enough life experiences that they come out of childhood as asocial thieves.

Technically justice is served. That doesn't mean the problem is solved and it's not going to be by any means that involve his legal case.

I dont think i could care less anymore than i do right now. Do the crime, pay the price. I was mentally aware of commonly accepted Judeo–Christian views of right and wrong at the age of 15. Mostly due to the fact that since birth I have had these ideals indoctrinated into me by my Parents, Church, School, cub-scout leaders, etc...

Fix'd

Your world view is neither universal nor innately justified, FYI!!