Accelerated Evolution

FUCK YOU VALVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eleet

Valve decided to fix crouch running in CS 1.6 after the exploit has existed since the first version of the mod was released. The bug has been in the game for nearly 10 years, and on 4/20, they decided they would finally patch it.

Even though I used this exploit all the time in pubs, I can care less that they fixed it. It was, after all, an exploit.

However, they've introduced a bunch of new bugs into the game. The game crashes every 5 minutes. It's nearly unplayable.

It's been 2 days and Valve hasn't responded to the 30+ page thread on the Steam forums of people bitching about the update. If they had any sense at all, they would roll back the update and revise the patch in the mean time.

I can't play CS and I'm pissed.

FUCK YOU VALVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The part that kills me the most, is that Valve officially said they were going to stop patching or updating CS 1.6 about 2 years ago. The game was essentially considered to be out of development permanently. They've patched the game half a dozen times since they said that. No patches or updates... my ass.

And it's not like this exploit wasn't widely known either. People have been exploiting it FOREVER. It's actually kind of a hard bug to exploit. Very few people can crouch run. Most leagues/tournaments will ban or disqualify you if you exploit this bug. Most server admins would just ban you, if they even cared to do so.

It just doesn't make any fucking sense that Valve would decide to fix the exploit out of the fucking blue 10 years after it was discovered. It wasn't *that* big of a deal. People dealt with it for 10 years and assumed it was never getting fixed. Crouch running merely allows you to run without making any noise. It doesn't crash the server or anything like that...

But the fact that they fixed it isn't even the point. It's the fact that they did a half-ass job at fixing it and created new bugs in the process, including making the game unplayable, and are now ignoring the issue all together.