Accelerated Evolution

My Great Uncle arrested Jim Morrison

http://www.absolutenow.com/mugshots/jim_morrison.html

Date Arrested: December 9, 1967

Charges: indecent and immoral exhibition

Action: Jim was arrested onstage during a concert in New Haven, Connecticut for attempting to incite a riot by telling the crowd that a policeman had sprayed him and his girlfriend from his Venice Beach days, Pamela, with mace backstage before the concert.

The Story:

The lead singer of The Doors, Jim Morrison, was almost as well-known for his rebellious behavior as for his lyrical ability, getting arrested repeatedly over the years, but it was one arrest of Morrison in Miami that really sealed his image. After The Doors' concert on March 2nd, 1969, Jim Morrison was nabbed for lewd and lascivious behavior, a charge that finally had serious repercussions because Morrison was then banned from over a dozen states. The authorities in Miami accused Jim Morrison of pulling down his pants at the Miami concert at the Coconut Grove and even of simulating masturbation. Almost immediately, witness accounts of what actually happened at The Doors concert started to vary and some claimed that the charges against Jim Morrison had been exaggerated to get a rebellious figure that the conservative establishment didn't like. Witnesses claimed that Jim Morrison never pulled down his pants and only simulated the act on stage. Jim Morrison was sentenced to six months in jail and a $500 fine, but while his appeal was pending, he was found dead in a Paris bath tub on July 3rd, 1971. Jim Morrison died of a lethal mix of alcohol and drugs.

In recent years, fans have fought to clean up the posthumous reputation of the singer of 'Light My Fire,' 'Break On Through,' 'The End,' 'Riders on the Storm,' and 'Hello, I Love You.' Fans of Jim Morrison have asked Florida Governor Charlie Crist to pardon The Doors singer of the two misdemeanor charges of indecent exposure and use of profanity. As of writing, Charlie Crist was considering pardoning Jim Morrison. Crist admitted that there had been some dispute over how valid the charges against Jim Morrison were. Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist for The Doors, claims that he never saw Jim Morrison expose himself and that the lead singer would tease and taunt the audience because of his reputation, but would never actually do it.

Hah. That's cool.

My dad built part of Journey's stage when he was a welder years ago and had a backstage pass to meet them, but declined because he didn't like their music.

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve Perry!

A friend of my dad's owned a venue in Chicago back in the late 60's so my dad got to meet a buncha 'rocknrollas'. Him and Robert Plant never got along because my dad was the only guy to attract a crowd of girls that was around him. That and they'd fight about who's hair was longer. This was back when they only had their first album out so they weren't THAT famous or anything.

My old man was scouted by the Boston Bruins and would have got drafted but he was born with a cleft palate and was going through surgery at the time, and the bruins werent sure if he would recover with out infection. I just found this out a week ago from my uncle. Hockey is my life and for some reason my dad never saw fit to tell me this.

EDIT: Thats awesome dude. I love the Doors.

My old man was scouted by the Boston Bruins and would have got drafted but he was born with a cleft palate and was going through surgery at the time, and the bruins werent sure if he would recover with out infection. I just found this out a week ago from my uncle. Hockey is my life and for some reason my dad never saw fit to tell me this.

EDIT: Thats awesome dude. I love the Doors.

Don't you hate how parents never tell the good stories until later and you're like wtf, that would have been something I'd want to know.