Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
ROCKSTEADY

Lunar and Martian anomolies

Most of the time stuff like this is spread by people who have no idea how geology works on other planets, or hell sometimes even about the basics of photography.

It's easy to look at two things that look the same and assume an intelligent force we don't understand must have created it. People have been doing it for years, and that's how we get religion. But when it comes down to it, most of the time things look similar is because forces like erosion, wind, or even biological evolution have very defined rules that produce common outputs.

Most of the time stuff like this is spread by people who have no idea how geology works on other planets, or hell sometimes even about the basics of photography.

It's easy to look at two things that look the same and assume an intelligent force we don't understand must have created it. People have been doing it for years, and that's how we get religion. But when it comes down to it, most of the time things look similar is because forces like erosion, wind, or even biological evolution have very defined rules that produce common outputs.

explain with examples.

explain with examples.

First image on that page. Same phenomena observed on earth. Occurs along regions where the lower mantle is thinner than usual and pressure from geological activity causes equally spaced 'peaks' to rise up. There are a handful of non-volcanic small island chains that were created like this.

The cities on mars thing is caused by an EXTREME compression ratio (We're talking 1:10,000 here) and the final image having been assembled from multiple original images taken from multiple flybys.

The 'moon towers' (At least the first one) were immediately recognizable by me. They're radar and laser reflectors that were placed on the lunar surface for experimentation purposes.

And lulz. One of the pages that place links to proved Santa is real. I always knew if I believed hard enough he would come!

First image on that page. Same phenomena observed on earth. Occurs along regions where the lower mantle is thinner than usual and pressure from geological activity causes equally spaced 'peaks' to rise up. There are a handful of non-volcanic small island chains that were created like this.

The cities on mars thing is caused by an EXTREME compression ratio (We're talking 1:10,000 here) and the final image having been assembled from multiple original images taken from multiple flybys.

The 'moon towers' (At least the first one) were immediately recognizable by me. They're radar and laser reflectors that were placed on the lunar surface for experimentation purposes.

And lulz. One of the pages that place links to proved Santa is real. I always knew if I believed hard enough he would come!

Good reply!

.....The golf ball one sorta scares me. >___> Maybe for the simple fact that it seems fairly huge and if planets' were the different "holes"....we're fucked.

For the golf ball one I saw an experiment that had to do with lightning strikes once and the result looked kind of similar with a crater and a central rise. The one in that photo is huge, though and I don't think electrical discharges have been observed anywhere besides the poles of Mars.

I wish there was video of the first images of Mimas being looked at by JPL staff. Must have been a humurous double take.

Colin, do me a favor and get an account on www.abovetopsecret.com

Start posting. Theres a lot of stupid kids there.

Alright, have you ever seen the amount of detail and the precision that the sattelites that they have orbiting our planet are? Why is their nothing comparable to that in our space exploration programs and stuff? I mean google earth is publicly funded and they are still getting better images than our government could conjure???? I don't know man.

We could have better detail than what we do for those pictures, yet we don't. As far as the whole picture with the tracks thing goes, we have had many a rover and space exploration robots on mars and the moon.... I couldn't really go either way on this debate without further evidence. It is probable that we are kept in the dark about life so close because it is still so far away from us. We will find out eventually though I would say. After all, the only way that world unity is going to happen is if we have to come together against a global threat... And I want to see world unity damnit :headbang:

We are just biological computers. Look at science and it's progression. We can already store terabytes of information on single-celled organisms. If we can do that with simple bacteria right now, imagine the possibilities for what we may be as humans. We already have programs that simulate behaviors and all that. I dont know, kind of makes you assume some things about us though doesn't it? We are all just really complex computers. And think about it, if we are serving some hidden agenda and we are computers, we wouldn't be able to be self-aware as to our just being a tool for whatever purpose (I would assume entertainment kind of like that South Park episode...LOL). We may be given the impression that we are self-aware, but we would never really truly understand our purpose or anything. Just that we have a set of rules that govern us, that we can learn and interpret our surroundings based on those rules, and we can perform specific tasks based on what we have taken in, based on those rules that govern us.... something to think about though :headbang:

Alright, have you ever seen the amount of detail and the precision that the sattelites that they have orbiting our planet are? Why is their nothing comparable to that in our space exploration programs and stuff? I mean google earth is publicly funded and they are still getting better images than our government could conjure???? I don't know man.

We could have better detail than what we do for those pictures, yet we don't. As far as the whole picture with the tracks thing goes, we have had many a rover and space exploration robots on mars and the moon.... I couldn't really go either way on this debate without further evidence. It is probable that we are kept in the dark about life so close because it is still so far away from us. We will find out eventually though I would say. After all, the only way that world unity is going to happen is if we have to come together against a global threat... And I want to see world unity damnit :headbang:

Because the majority of the images are thirty years old, had to travel a thousand times further, and the components had to be smaller and lighter than those of satellites orbiting earth.

and the components had to be smaller and lighter than those of satellites orbiting earth.

Exactly. The cost required to get material to Mars is much MUCH higher than it is to get a satellite into Earth orbit. For example (these are the only numbers I remember off the top of my head), when putting something into Earth orbit, you can have about 45% of the mass of your rocket be payload, meaning only about half of it needs to be fuel. To get to the moon and back, however (which is comparable to getting to Mars in terms of energy), only 0.1% of your rocket can make it back, meaning that for every pound of useful material, you need 1000 pounds of fuel. This is why sending up a high quality satellite to take pictures of the Earth is no problem, whereas NASA spends enormous amounts of money on their Mars program and half the time they don't even work.

Because the majority of the images are thirty years old, had to travel a thousand times further, and the components had to be smaller and lighter than those of satellites orbiting earth.

I know that you might know that they have such things as quantum communications now, meaning that anything that is meant to be communicated is sent instantaneously to its destination... and that it only takes no more than two years to get to Mars.... so the technology is not that far behind and neither are the images that we are receiving,(maybe those ones are but if so, then why are we debating on old pictures???) because you best believe that NASA's technology is equipped with quantum communication technology. So stew on that and then get back to me.

I know that you might know that they have such things as quantum communications now, meaning that anything that is meant to be communicated is sent instantaneously to its destination... and that it only takes no more than two years to get to Mars.... so the technology is not that far behind and neither are the images that we are receiving,(maybe those ones are but if so, then why are we debating on old pictures???) because you best believe that NASA's technology is equipped with quantum communication technology. So stew on that and then get back to me.

Quantum mechanics and physics are still entirely theoretical. There aren't even experimental models for the simplest of concepts. And even then, the most complicated of grounded theoretical work hasn't reached anywhere near the level of communicating images. And yes, the images in question here are at least a couple decades old and as much as thirty years old.

Quantum mechanics and physics are still entirely theoretical. There aren't even experimental models for the simplest of concepts. And even then, the most complicated of grounded theoretical work hasn't reached anywhere near the level of communicating images. And yes, the images in question here are at least a couple decades old and as much as thirty years old.

Yes, I am sorry that I mis-spoke, I was referring to communications being almost instantaneous. My apologies.

Yes, I am sorry that I mis-spoke, I was referring to communications being almost instantaneous. My apologies.

But they aren't. The fastest wireless method of communication in existence without the support of a network to lillypad off of is still RF. Which, admittedly is fast. A byte of information sent over RF would only take around nine-minutes ten seconds to reach Mars and return to Terra. RF is a linear signal, however. Only one byte is transfered at a time. And due to restrictions on physical dimension and mass, it's unlikely a satellite leaving terrestrial space would have the capability to transmit information and receive instruction at once. So, in that time frame there is only one byte of data being sent OR received. Communicating something like a photograph of a 600 x 600 km piece of terrain at a resolution of 20,000 x 40,000 pixels will be far from instantaneous.

But they aren't. The fastest wireless method of communication in existence without the support of a network to lillypad off of is still RF. Which, admittedly is fast. A byte of information sent over RF would only take around nine-minutes ten seconds to reach Mars and return to Terra. RF is a linear signal, however. Only one byte is transfered at a time. And due to restrictions on physical dimension and mass, it's unlikely a satellite leaving terrestrial space would have the capability to transmit information and receive instruction at once. So, in that time frame there is only one byte of data being sent OR received. Communicating something like a photograph of a 600 x 600 km piece of terrain at a resolution of 20,000 x 40,000 pixels will be far from instantaneous.

Well, with your extensive knowledge of such things, I am not even going to attempt to argue with you, but it would still take far from years... I was just trying to say if it was out there, we would have more recent documentation of it... whether it be years or months or whatever, we would know about it. I mean RF transmition is 300,000 miles an hour or whatever the speed of sound is... So I dont know. I am going to have to do a little more research before I talk anymore but I think if there were something out there so close, our domestic issues would have become less relevant and we would see more global unity. Kind of off the topic, but even if something were being kept from us, I think we could agree that if something posed a threat to the entirety of our sentient species, we would be more apt to be working together rather than still struggling for one nation's prowess over another.