Accelerated Evolution

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

I saw the new trailer before Star Trek and I just couldn't help but feel indifferent despite G.I. Joe being one of my fondest childhood memories. Really the only things I recognized as being distinctly G.I. Joe were Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. The rest of it with the people who are probably characters we know but don't immediately look recognizable wearing mech suits that let them recreate action scenes from Transformers was meh worthy.

I used to watch the show as a kid but don't really remember much of it, the trailer looked a little meh. Both times I saw Star Trek people were laughing during it, probably just because they all know their childhoods will be raped.

The audience I was in had a similar reaction. It was during the scene where the Joes in the Delta 6 suits were jumping around a street dodging missiles like a couple of Michael Bay Transformers.

least it'll be better then the original G.I. Joe movie that's script was worked over to the Street Fighter movie when they couldn't secure the rights.

i wish i could have been there when Souza got word back then. i can just picture him sitting in a chair with a pen and crossing out Duke's name and putting Guile's name in, and Cobra to Bison thinking he's a goddamn genius.

The audience I was in had a similar reaction. It was during the scene where the Joes in the Delta 6 suits were jumping around a street dodging missiles like a couple of Michael Bay Transformers.

Yeah, that scene almost made me vomit a little. Summer's is a horrid director, given his resume, and I figured this would be shit anyway. I admire the crazy epic "mad scientist" COBRA plans but the cyber suits and silly SpecOPS cliches thrust it into a level of childishness that I would've expected from the original cartoon... but we're all adults now and we deserve a cool, adult version so we don't feel as if our nostalgia was for naught (thank you Warren Ellis).