Accelerated Evolution

MOAR folky stuff

here are my favorite artists,

The mountain Goats

Bob Dylan

Simon and Garfunkel

Of the wand and the moon

Current 93

Patty Larkin (probably my dads favorite artists ever)

Nature and orginisation

WOODY GUTHERIE

You should definetley listen to some of the classics before you delve into newer type folk such as TMG, S&G and all of those neo-folk guys i listed.

seriously though.... woody guthrie.

here are my favorite artists,

The mountain Goats

Bob Dylan

Simon and Garfunkel

Of the wand and the moon

Current 93

Patty Larkin (probably my dads favorite artists ever)

Nature and orginisation

WOODY GUTHERIE

You should definetley listen to some of the classics before you delve into newer type folk such as TMG, S&G and all of those neo-folk guys i listed.

seriously though.... woody guthrie.

simon and garfunkel is major ew to me. i just can't get into them. i'll try the other though. something tells me i should listen to woody first.

simon and garfunkel is major ew to me. i just can't get into them. i'll try the other though. something tells me i should listen to woody first.

the only S&G album i can say i really think is amazing is sounds of silence, thats about it, the others are medicore to bleh.

but yeah, woody for sure.

basically. its been all bright eyes, decemberists and nuetral milk hotel in this style for me. and after so long i feel like i need more

If you like Neutral Milk Hotel you will like The Mountain Goats. In fact I have a live recording of John covering Two Headed Boy.

As far as I'm concerned John Darnielle sits beside Dylan and Waits as the most inspired song-writers in history to put out more than three or four albums. All Hail West Texas is regarded as his best work, and I agree. For something more accessible, and nearly as good, try 2008's, Heretic Pride, or We Shall All Be Healed.

The Shins and Fleet Foxes are a given. Also, if you like Bright Eyes you should check out Titus Andronicus. Their 2008 release is very Lifted-esque.

If you don't listen to Dylan there's something wrong here, but be that the case, The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is my favorite album by him and a good place to start.

Some (very) unrelated "folky" stuff to check out, with a recommended album from each:

Cracker - Cracker

Defiance, Ohio - Share What Ya Got

Of the Wand & the Moon - Nighttime Nightrhymes

Steve Von Till - If I Should Fall to the Field

The Clarks - Let It Go

The Microphones - The Glow, Pt. 2

The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash

The Tallest Man on Earth - Shallow Grave

If you're in the mood for something heavier with a lot of folk in it:

Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose

Dropkick Murphys - The Meanest of Times

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

Or take the full leap into metal:

Arkona - Ot Serdtsa K Nebu

Hardingrock - Grimen

Korpiklaani - Voice of Wilderness

Otyg - Sagovindars Boning

Pagan Reign - Ancient Fortress

Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose

Dropkick Murphys - The Meanest of Times

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

Korpiklaani - Voice of Wilderness

Otyg - Sagovindars Boning

all awesome and are played regularily :headbang:

and a found a pretty :awesome: french video blog around 8 and have been watching different vids on it since. Final Fantasy, bowerbirds, Stephen Malkmus, REM, Sigur Ros, Ali Harter and a crap load more. all just little "take away" concerts as they call them

http://www.blogotheque.net/spip.php?page=cae_all&lang=fr