Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
GummyBearOfDoom

Has anyone noticed?

I wasn't here in 2006. The fact of the matter is that I had quite a few nights on RT that I really enjoyed thoroughly. More often when I first started but they still happened up until quite close to when it was deleted.

Still, I don't necessarily think it should be reopened but just that something should be done to sorts this place out and possibly give it new life and we should maybe all think about it and come up with something.

But shit... If I'm one of the only people who really want to keep trying then fuck it. I'm not coming up with much by myself except things which would take a lot of effort from people so won't happen.

In around 2006 a lot of people would have 100 posts a day, our most active members recently barely make 10 posts a day, and that is with RT.

So I'm still trying to think of something that might make people garner more interest in the site.

I wanted to use that clip from Malcolm in the Middle where Reese tells Malcolm the only way he could make up for what he did was to fly around the world like Superman and turn back time, but I couldn't find it and I guess a clip of Superman doing the actual deed works too

I change my position, add RT back. Status report has become the new gimped RT, it is clear that no one actually cares about any other section on this board except for RT. I think the reason it doesn't work without it is because AE isn't a forum, it is a pre-twitterish website with RT.

Yea. Just add it back.

I would like RT back, but I also enjoy the Gaming forum (as well as it's LP Subforum). I would use the other forums, but I'm just not as into that stuff. I mean, I like anime and all, but I only watch it occasionally anymore and rarely do I end up seeing anything postworthy is the sense that you've probably already talked about it. That's only an example, or course.

Okay. I've been talking to a friend (Schiz, he has a profile on here but doesn't post much -at all- http://www.accelerated-e.com/user/1148-schiz/ ) and I really do want to make some effort to keep this place alive and rejuvenate it. It's an awesome site, I've had great times here and, honestly, without things that have started on this site I would be infinitely less happy than I am now. So anyway, he suggested that we advertise the site a bit more. Perhaps creating accounts on random other forums, highly populated ones for instance, just to advertise AE and get more members in. Since there should be a surge of new members some will stay and hopefully it will get it more active so that more stay. Then when we have more members posting (and I mean a lot more, not just one or two who will get bored) maybe things can be done to replace what was RT (not bring it back, but maybe a 'random' section or something).

It's just an idea but I think it'd be fantastic to try this at least. Let's not give up on the forum even if it does seem unlikely that anything will come of this. One last try perhaps?

So here I am, once again forgetting my password xD

But yea, I personally think that this could work wonders, if not, then there is always some other solutions to the issue of too few members. (Sadly I don't have any other possible solutions at this moment, but ideas tend to drop by every now and then :P)

And on a side note, wow this new look is ugleh :(

It's also because Elite (rightfully) can't/doesn't want to pay $50 to make our forum look better.

maybe if the 100's of dollars donated to the site weren't blown randomly we'd be able to do it.

SAOTOME CYCLONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This totally has nuthing to do with this topic....but I like saying that

I don't see why everyone is stressing out over the site.

Fully agreed. We haven't lost anyone, people are just posting less. Nothing to stress about.

maybe if the 100's of dollars donated to the site weren't blown randomly we'd be able to do it.

Hundreds of dollars?

How can you say something so asinine?

We had $60 in the PayPal which was supposed to go towards our ANNUAL webhosting bill. Ken asked if he could borrow it something like SIX MONTHS before the bill was due and he promised up and down to replace it. He never did. What a fucking surprise.

$60 is hundreds of dollars though, right?

Don't worry, Ken will never get another cent out of the AE PayPal (mainly due to the fact that there's not a cent in it). That'll never happen again.

AE is dead. I should just delete the fucking board. Especially if you're all going to bitch about RT.

A forum is a collection of threads, not one fucking stupid thread filled with crap.

Keep ranting about how we closed RT. I'll just delete the board and everyone can move on. There's this great site called Twitter...

Hundreds of dollars?

How can you say something so asinine?

We had $60 in the PayPal which was supposed to go towards our ANNUAL webhosting bill. Ken asked if he could borrow it something like SIX MONTHS before the bill was due and he promised up and down to replace it. He never did. What a fucking surprise.

$60 is hundreds of dollars though, right?

Don't worry, Ken will never get another cent out of the AE PayPal (mainly due to the fact that there's not a cent in it). That'll never happen again.

AE is dead. I should just delete the fucking board. Especially if you're all going to bitch about RT.

A forum is a collection of threads, not one fucking stupid thread filled with crap.

Keep ranting about how we closed RT. I'll just delete the board and everyone can move on. There's this great site called Twitter...

Oops, I'm sorry. I mixed up how much money was stolen.

It wasn't "stolen".

I lent Ken the $60 out of good faith and friendship. I reminded him several times over the months to replace it. He never did.

End of story.

Ah, but I don't want to go to Twitter. Mostly because my cell phone isn't internet ready. D: