Accelerated Evolution
Refined Mind

World Unity? The entire sentient species acting as one?

I fully embrace our transhuman destiny and invite you all to do so as well. :headbang::hardgay:

Superhuman??? I don't get what you mean by transhuman destiny, could you please clarify...

A one-world government is a terrible idea.

First of all, the assumption that it would end wars assumes that national borders are what causes violence. Creating a one-world government wouldn't abolish religion, nor change peoples' skin colors, or alter their tribal history.

Secondly, it would place an immense amount of power in the hands of a relatively small number of people, and people have shown time and again that they cannot be trusted with power.

There would be no utopia; just an expensive and time-consuming effort that would ultimately be fruitless.

What basis do you have to say that it would be fruitless??? When all regions of the world be represented equally, there would be equality amongst people. Borders and nationalism has inspired much of the anti-whoever sentiments that exist today and minus the religious fanatics, there is no violence that is inspired because of religion anymore.

Racism is also diminishing in the world today. People are starting to understand that no matter what color, people are generally the same. The same goes for people in other regions of the world. Except for the banner that they are under, people are the same...

As far as the power being held in a small number of people, I am sure if this whole idea of a united world were to occur, there would be some sort of checks and balances system set up.

I am not saying that it would completely eliminate all of the problems that we as humans have with one another, or that it would be a utopia, but it is a step in the right direction.

Except for the banner that they are under, people are the same...

Uh.... not true. Unless you were to erase culture, people are totally different. It's accepting our differences that's the problem. You try telling someone in the middle east that his wife and he should have equal rights and that she should go around wearing what she wants.

I mean we are talking about hundreds to thousands of years of history, so I agree with what SamuraiDrifer said.

Uh.... not true. Unless you were to erase culture, people are totally different. It's accepting our differences that's the problem. You try telling someone in the middle east that his wife and he should have equal rights and that she should go around wearing what she wants.

I mean we are talking about hundreds to thousands of years of history, so I agree with what SamuraiDrifer said.

Actually, women in the middle east had equal rights and were allowed to be fashionable up until Western invasion and exploitation in the 1700s. I wrote a 20 page paper on it with plenty of evidence to back it up if you want to dispute this further.

I agree that culture is something that segregates one people from another, but not in a bad way...I am talking in a more basic sense, without the masks of culture and nationalism, people are generally the same.

Actually, women in the middle east had equal rights and were allowed to be fashionable up until Western invasion and exploitation in the 1700s. I wrote a 20 page paper on it with plenty of evidence to back it up if you want to dispute this further.

I agree that culture is something that segregates one people from another, but not in a bad way...I am talking in a more basic sense, without the masks of culture and nationalism, people are generally the same.

I just said hundreds to thousands of years, I made no claim on the actual date. 300 years seems to be quite some time.

I just said hundreds to thousands of years, I made no claim on the actual date. 300 years seems to be quite some time.

But still, there culture only became so oppressive to women as to protect them from imposing forces who would rape and assail them. Our country, as well as others, have had such oppressive views towards people but have changed over time. I see this whole unity thing being a ways out, but I am just saying that logic points towards it. We are all one sentient species, we are progressively coming to understand that, but there are still alot of things that stand in the way. People have to quit seeing eachother as the enemy and look towards competing in another fashion.

Superhuman??? I don't get what you mean by transhuman destiny, could you please clarify...

Clarity

Specifically

Transhumanism is a class of philosophies that seek to guide us towards a posthuman condition. Transhumanism shares many elements of humanism, including a respect for reason and science, a commitment to progress, and a valuing of human (or transhuman) existence in this life. […] Transhumanism differs from humanism in recognizing and anticipating the radical alterations in the nature and possibilities of our lives resulting from various sciences and technologies […].

Clarity

Specifically

Awesome dude, that is what I envision. A Star-Trek like perfect world with the realizations that came from the Ender's Game series thing with us as a society- we are a sentient species and yeah.... I dont know, I am about to go play some SC.

Awesome dude, that is what I envision. A Star-Trek like perfect world with the realizations that came from the Ender's Game series thing with us as a society- we are a sentient species and yeah.... I dont know, I am about to go play some SC.

Err... something like that. :laugh: