Accelerated Evolution

Gamer (the movie)

Stick in butt, meet Haya.

Seriously though, you need to just go along with the absurd so that you can start ignoring it.

Disregarding the whole vidja game aspect of it I find the whole "inmates play deadly televised game x to gain freedom" trope to be kind of overused and annoying. Also, generally shitty looking action sequences and dialog.

also, modern video game fan pandering can never match the delicious cheesiness of 80's video game fan pandering

TheWizardDVD.jpg

Wasn't the big twist at the end of Ender's Game that during the simulators, he was actually giving orders to actual people or something? I'll admit, I haven't read the book in years.

Well yes, but in this movie everyone knows real people are dying, no one is in charge of millions of lives, the people 'playing' aren't young children, and it wasn't for sport in Enders Game.

I wasn't saying that it mirrored it, I was saying that the whole someone playing a video game with someone elses life in their control kinda reminded me of it.. I know how the whole plot for Ender's Game, Xenocide, and Speaker for the Dead and I was just saying that it kind of reminded me of it. So yeah, I was just saying...

Wasn't the big twist at the end of Ender's Game that during the simulators, he was actually giving orders to actual people or something? I'll admit, I haven't read the book in years.

Yes.

But this movie looks terrible.

The Enders Game movie when ever that comes Out i hope is not. As that is my favorite novel by far I have read it like 50 times.

Yes.

But this movie looks terrible.

The Enders Game movie when ever that comes Out i hope is not. As that is my favorite novel by far I have read it like 50 times.

It is one of my favorites too. The only other books I have read that have any competition with it is LOTR because that is what really got me into reading. I read the Hobbit when I was 11 and finished the series when I was 13 or something and yeah. When they came out with the LOTR movies I was so excited and they did a good job with them. Left out alot of material like Tom Bombadil and Sharkey(Sauruman) coming to the Shire at the end of the book, but still, it brought all the imagery that I had reading the series to life. I think that if they came out with movies for that trilogy it would be awesome man.

And yeah, the movie doesnt look that great but it is something ill probably watch anyways.

Looks stupid. Controlling a human being via video game? No one would play that.

How the fuck are you supposed to win with no respawn?

Death Row Inmate: "So, what is it? The Chair? Lethal Injection?"

Prison guard: "Your life is in the hands of a noob."

Death Row Inmate: "OH NOESSS! :("

LoL. Good shit dude :headbang: .