Accelerated Evolution

What is it about "no" that people don't seem to understand?

Okay, uh, I can understand if you have bad hearing, but if someone fucking says "No, I don't want to do that" what gives the person a fucking right to haul off and be a total bitch?

Okay, well, I have a dentist appointment today -think I still do, mom threatened to cancel it because she's fucktarded- and my mom came in my room and asked me if I wanted to go see the new terminator movie with her, my stepdad, and my stepsister.

Three things wrong with that to start with:

-I don't like the terminator series. I never watched it, so, why would I want to watch this one?

-I hate dentists.

-I hate my family.

So, that was an automatic "no". But I politely told her: "No, I don't want to go see it. I'd rather you just take me straight home after my appointment. "

She said that since I didn't want to see the movie, that she'd give me five dollars and I could stay in the arcade for two hours. -okay, one, how fucking far am I going to get with $5 dollars? That would last like, 30 minutes. Two, who the hell spends two fucking hours in an arcade?-

I said: "I'd rather just come straight home. I'm sorry for being unreasonable, but I want to just come home. "

She still kept trying to get me to go, and I still kept saying no until she just said: "I'm not fucking taking you out, then taking you home, then going out again." And I just said: Then why the fuck are you going out afterwards anyway? You know I fucking hate terminator and that I don't want to fucking go anywhere today, and it pissed me off to start with because you fucking schedualed an appointment when I have a day off from school.

So, then she left my room -slammed my door too. If she fucking broke any of my statues . . - and started bitching about how I am an ungrateful child and how she always does things for me and how I never do anything for her -how the fuck is seeing a movie doing anything for her? -

So, now, there is rage like hulk on steriods in my house -for some weird reason I'm calm, still pissed but calm-

and my moms all asshurt because I don't want to see a movie.

When the fuck did people stop learning what "No" means?

/endrant/

Sorry to hear that, I think it is just something that you will have to put up with until you can make your own rules and stuff.... When I say no there is no longer anything anybody can do except try to persuade me otherwise and when that happens I still don't have to listen or even compromise. You are always going to have people trying to persuade you to do something that you would say no to, and that does still pisses me off on occasion, but no does mean no.

Sorry to hear that, I think it is just something that you will have to put up with until you can make your own rules and stuff.... When I say no there is no longer anything anybody can do except try to persuade me otherwise and when that happens I still don't have to listen or even compromise. You are always going to have people trying to persuade you to do something that you would say no to, and that does still pisses me off on occasion, but no does mean no.

She usually doesn't try to force me to do things, because I'm not usually pissed. But setting a DENTIST appointment up on a fucking HOLIDAY, does not bode well with me in the first place. -Attempting- to make me go out and spend un-needed time with my family, just pisses me off and other people off because i'll just go "no. " >.> This has happened before, and she knows it too. She always fucking does this too. Her and my step-dad want to go do something and she tries to drag me and my stepsister into it and we don't want to go half the time but we go anyway. Its fucking rediculous.

There are going to be those things that you have to put up with when you are living under your parents roof and stuff and it may be unpleasant to you... I found that it is much easier to go along with it and appreciate it for what it is than to fight it. I think that is a much nicer way of putting it than Brent put it. I have noticed that he is pretty laconic though and he doesn't think about how he posts his thoughts, he just puts it out there... Some people do need to hear it put bluntly though. Just re-evaluate it and take it for waht it is..

She's your mom. She has the ability to ignore your desires. It's best to just give in sometimes, especially on something as small as this. You may not like it, but it is what she wants and if she's your transportation she can do this pretty easily.

<sigh>

so anyway Candie Cane, I think that Satan said the best thing, but parents are just like that at times, don't ever think that they are bullying on you, and you disliking them..thats all you but eventually I think you should think that over at times... on how irate you get with them and go to your happy place:)

• 3 months later...