1. J-Stop (12 points)

2. LeadingMan (10 points)

3. Scarface (7 points)

4. Noodle (6 points)

5. David (5 points)

6. Lone Magician (2 points)

Scoring:

Continuing the LP with the exact amount of upgrades from the last vid: 1 point

Gaining all upgrades in the level possible with your current equipment: 2 points

Including something many people don't know about a level in your commentary: 1 point

Beating the level without getting hit: 3 points

Beating the level without losing a life: 1 point

Beating the Maverick without using his weakness: 1 point

Beating the Maverick without getting hit: 2 points

Hillarious disregard for X's safety: 1 point

Over exaggerating maverick names: 1 point

Epic poses while entering Maverick gates: 1 point

Beating the entire level including the Maverick without charging the X-buster or using other weapons: 2 points

Note: The first level does not count for points even though I got multiple of these. It's too easy and the boss isn't real.

Note 2: Savestates are cheating.

Additionally if we think of any more conditions for points, they'll get added up here. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Game History:

Released in the US in 1993, Megaman X was the first major rebranding of the Megaman series. Originally developed with Zero as the main character, Inafune soon realised this may have been too much of a departure from the early series and created the X we all know and love. All of Zero's old personality was moved over to X with Zero being redeveloped as a supporting character (whose story would eventually become wholly unique) and the game was set.

Storyline:

X was originally developed as a unique new robot with the capacity to think and feel, however due to his unique personality he would require an intricate and long series of tests before being deemed ready for release and public acceptance. Discovered 100 years later in 21XX by Dr. Cain, X was an amazing technical achievement, and would be used to create a whole new series of robots based on X's design known as reploids. (X is commonly referred to as a reploid as well throughout the series, however this is just a type classification. Technically he is the original.) Since these reploids had free will eventually many (for currently unknown reasons in the storyline) would turn to a life of crime. Branded as Mavericks, these robots would be chased down by an elite group of peacekeepers known as Maverick Hunters.

Eventually the leader of the Maverick Hunters snapped and was corrupted. Many of his colleagues fell and became Mavericks as well significantly weakening the Maverick Hunters. Sigma would soon declare war on humanity, and Zero the new leader of the Maverick Hunters led the charge to remove him. X, feeling guilty due to his involvement with the creation of the now Maverick reploids joins the Maverick Hunters to help take down Zero and alter the course of humanity and reploids forever. Or something.

---

Anyways this LP is free for anyone to join. Pick a stage and go at it. Points will be awarded for the videos and we'll have a sort of meta-game running here. It ends when we all get bored or move on to a new game.

JOIN US!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do Flame Mammoth's stage right after Scar does Chill Penguin since he called him in another thread and I can't do anything in X1 without the leg upgrade.

Also, I'll do a video of collecting all the heart tanks, parts, the hadoken, and subs we missed before going to Sigma's fortress if that's cool. Figure it'll be good to show on the series and we can use all the upgrades before taking on Sigma.

Agreed, although I'm planning on going back and getting any upgrades possible before I start the next level.

Also, Scar I'd recommend starting by "acquiring" a copy of Fraps. Recording the game in ZSnes, then commenting over it in Windows Movie Maker. Mostly because it's (mostly) free and doesn't require a lot of learning to do.

Well, there's 13 levels, and this doesn't need to be done fast. Just join in whenever you're ready. If people need to take a week or so to get everything solid for their vid that's totally fine. Also, I think it might be fun to keep going after the main playthrough is done. Making up new challenges and stuff. Like, I dunno: Beating Spark Mandrill's level with only the hadoken, or only using the Charged Shotgun Ice to move around through a level (except for wall climbing.)

Plus it's highly likely that we'll keep going past X1 eventually. So no worries dude, whenever you get the comp and stuff you need, feel free to join in. As long as there's interest this party doesn't have to end until we say it does.

Why can I only seem to record off of Zsnes? I prefer Snes9x because it seems to run more like a snes would. Zsnes seems to run either faster or slower I can never get it perfect.

edit: If I'm taking too long, you can just skip me since I picked the universal first stage for the game. >_>

Nah, don't worry about the timing. You called Chill Penguin. Just make it good! :P But yeah, I think the general rule has always been "People will wait for an update. Just make sure you do in fact update."

And yeah, ZSnes is the only one I was able to get working as well. You might want to try messing with the frame skip until works right. And make sure your Fraps is recording at 60 FPS or above, otherwise you'll hit slowdown.

I didn't mean the Fraps I meant the game itself isn't 100% the normal rate is was on the snes. Snes9x hits it right on the mark. Ah well.

One more thing, no sound when I record with Zsnes? What's up with that?

After I get all that working...THEN I'll mess with windows online movie maker or whatever its called? Do I have to acquire that too? lol

Windows Movie Maker should already be on your system. If not, it's free: Vista | XP

As for the no sound, go to the movies tab, and make sure record sound is checked. I use the "use windows input" option, and if you need to change it from there you can open your sound configuration in control panel on your OS and change the output.

Yeah, I know numb nuts. Listen to me! lol Fraps settings are as you said, yet there is STILL no sound.

You don't have a usb headset in do you?

Other then that make sure your settings in the FRAPS video menu has your sound card set in the sound device tab and sound input is on stereo mix. If that's set and you're still not getting sound open up your volume settings and make sure things are turned up.

You don't have a usb headset in do you?

Other then that make sure your settings in the FRAPS video menu has your sound card set in the sound device tab and sound input is on stereo mix. If that's set and you're still not getting sound open up your volume settings and make sure things are turned up.

Sound device reads: Realtek HD Audio Input

Sound Input is at Default

Clicking no cursor and no sync don't seem to be doing anything either.

How do I set Fraps video settings? I don't see the option in any of the four tabs.

Sound device reads: Realtek HD Audio Input

Sound Input is at Default

Clicking no cursor and no sync don't seem to be doing anything either.

How do I set Fraps video settings? I don't see the option in any of the four tabs.

Oh I know exactly what's happening it's recording your mic instead of your output. 1 sec, I gotta find the way i fixed this. It may have been as simple as updating the sound driver.

Edit: Do this.

Once stero mix is enabled it will record the sound. Your setup may look a little different. (I know mine does.) So I set it up like this:

post-163-1243478828.jpg