Accelerated Evolution

Posts getting deleted?

Not really. That's how it goes on every forum I've ever been on. I'd rather have some derogatory BS removed than leave the flame war raging. People have the tendancy to argue about anything and everything. Killing the conversation when it goes awry is often the most prudent action.

Mod doing their job +1

I want to delete your thoughts.

Also as far as I can tell it's pretty much only when Brenton flips shit and starts attacking people, other than that I've had to delete things GPS says.

Btw, I AM THE LAW.

I can agree with what you said, besides you being the law. You are a sexy beast, but the law is something that you are not. Please delete some of my thoughts though, some of them are driving me crazy :eyebrows: .

wait, is this a thread about abuse?

or did you just notice now that mods can delete posts? i'm just wondering because i've yet to see any abuse anything. from what i've seen that is.

yeah, thread abuse in the sense that people are derogatory or that they are just trying to troll and get reactions out of people... so if your thinking about it just know BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU! :ninja:

I want to delete your thoughts.

Also as far as I can tell it's pretty much only when Brenton flips shit and starts attacking people, other than that I've had to delete things GPS says.

Btw, I AM THE LAW.

I wasn't attacking anyone. Nothing I said wasn't true. Just because I didn't sugar coat it doesn't mean it should have been deleted.

Generally a mod does such a thing to avoid pointless argument and upset which derails the thread and can also cause other problems.

They need to have that ability to stop things which really shouldn't happen happening.

Which is the bullshit way of saying the mod deletes opinions he disagrees with.

I wasn't attacking anyone. Nothing I said wasn't true. Just because I didn't sugar coat it doesn't mean it should have been deleted.

Which is the bullshit way of saying the mod deletes opinions he disagrees with.

No, you flame bait people. That's like calling somebody a fucking jew and then getting angry if we delete the post because they actually are jewish. You do shit like that Brenton, deal with your posts getting deleted if you continue.

No, you flame bait people. That's like calling somebody a fucking jew and then getting angry if we delete the post because they actually are jewish. You do shit like that Brenton, deal with your posts getting deleted if you continue.

Calling people out on their bullshit when they post their personal lives on a message board is something that should be expected. If I were going to flamebait I wouldn't have been so nice about it.

There's a difference between insulting people and pointing out the truth. I was doing the latter, so get the fuck over it you ignorant wretch.

Calling people out on their bullshit when they post their personal lives on a message board is something that should be expected. If I were going to flamebait I wouldn't have been so nice about it.

There's a difference between insulting people and pointing out the truth. I was doing the latter, so get the fuck over it you ignorant wretch.

Ignorant wretch seems to be your new favorite term. :rolleyes:

I understand why things get deleted, and I also agree that it's pretty confusing and annoying when you see the snippets and don't understand what happened. And let's admit it, we all want to see what was originally posted.

But I don't think it's any better for everyone else to step in and call so-and-so a dick for being a dick, because then those people are also beings dicks, and therefore you might as well delete the whole thread because it gets to a point where everyone is being rude, and they all should have their posts deleted.

For example, I read a thread, and then a few posts down I see:

"Hey Brent, dick."

"Dick, Brent."

"Brent the Dick."

And so and so forth, and I can't even see what he said in the first place, then the thread turns into a name-calling thread because everyone needs to get their $0.02 in, and eventually the thread disappears because people only want to talk about the "Dick."

Anyway, I'm not actually taking sides or anything. I'm just saying how it is.

I understand why things get deleted, and I also agree that it's pretty confusing and annoying when you see the snippets and don't understand what happened. And let's admit it, we all want to see what was originally posted.

But I don't think it's any better for everyone else to step in and call so-and-so a dick for being a dick, because then those people are also beings dicks, and therefore you might as well delete the whole thread because it gets to a point where everyone is being rude, and they all should have their posts deleted.

For example, I read a thread, and then a few posts down I see:

"Hey Brent, dick."

"Dick, Brent."

"Brent the Dick."

And so and so forth, and I can't even see what he said in the first place, then the thread turns into a name-calling thread because everyone needs to get their $0.02 in, and eventually the thread disappears because people only want to talk about the "Dick."

Anyway, I'm not actually taking sides or anything. I'm just saying how it is.

I wouldn't mind some of my battles having gone on with said person, or any person who would attempt to attack my logic or my point of view(no one else has tried though). I think that it is best that posts like that get deleted and that people should respectfully disagree rather than attack. It helps with the functional cohesion of the site and you can still get your point across.

i still just think its pretty strange when mods can subversively change the conversation. Mods should step in and say "STOP IT" not edit the history of the board.

Wouldn't that kind of take away from the whole point of having a moderator? Anyone can just say "stop it," you have to have authority of some sort to be able to make it stop....

If a moderator edits or deletes something, it's for good reason. If a mod deletes a post, but that post was quoted later on in the thread, the moderator is expected to go and edit the later posts and remove the quoted text.

If you have a problem with how a mod handles (or doesn't handle) a particular situation, send me a PM and I'll get it resolved.