Accelerated Evolution
Scarface

Final Fantasy XIV

Yeah the rainy plains environment is beautiful. In the end, I have a feeling it'll be like FFXI where most people play as humans and elves, and it'll all be good. lol

I am obviously excited for this. Although, everything I've read about the new job system has me a little worried. They are purposely avoiding the traditional Final Fantasy job names? Why? I like them! Anyway, Square Enix knows what they are doing, so I'll just save any real judgement for when I (hopefully) get into the beta.

I don't even care about Final Fantasu XIII anymore!

Gamescom has provided some leaks:

http://www.massively.com/2009/08/19/final-fantasy-xiv-gameplay-and-emote-footage/

The environments are shaping up amazingly in-game. And the character models look a ton better in action. Still not a mithra fan.

Apparently this site is going crazy with gamescom stuff too:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/

Info about the classes/class system is up on the official site now. It seems interesting, honestly. Still waiting to hear more.

So just a friendly reminder to all you assholes.

Last time, when XI came out, we were all a bunch of bumbling retards and no one was on the same server, so we all established ourselves on separate serves and it sucked.

this go around, we need to be a little better organized. For all of you that are going to play this game, i urge you to wait and see where the majority of the AE members are goignt o play so we can all play together. I assure you, these games are better suited for groups that have some sort of history.

I played XI with Gimpy, Hiko, that one crazy tard whose name I can't remember...( Kitaro?), DRL, and his lil bro too. Those were good times. if we could get everyone on this site on the same server I KNOW we will have a much better and more enjoyable time playing XIV then if we did things alone and by our lonesomes.

So what say ye all. Are we gonna try and do this?

Maybe this time we can all start together and be total noobs rather than me strolling up to Dyluck with him in his gay purple armor sans helmet and him crying about it.

All I care about is being able to make another thief and paladin mithra. I dont care what they're calling them this time around its a fucking mithra.

I keep getting urges to just kill time with 11 again until this comes out but I don't think I have that in me anymore.

Yeah, I keep thinking, "Hmmm maybe I should play XI for some catching up with old friends and to pass time until XIV comes out." Then I realize I gave all my shit away and that pretty much ends that thought. lol

FYI, the 14 main site has been updated with a lot of new info and an awesome track by Uematsu.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

And yes Scar. It looks like the Dragoon has a twin in 14 called the Lancer. <3 No dragon yet tho, but hey spears and dragoonish armor = win.

Personally I'm pretty interested in the thaumaturgist and the fact that crafters have roles in combat, like the blacksmith can weaken metal enemies.

There's a bunch more information that came out in a few gaming magazines over in Japan. it can be all pretty much be found at

http://www.ff14news.com/, it's all pretty interesting.

Here's some "newly released" pics of the sub-races. Looks like each of the 5 races has 2 subraces to choose from.

Personally I really dig the new "Dunesfolk" Lalafell who look way more like taru than the others which just look like bug-eyed freaks.

Elezen: Foresters / Shaders

500x_foresters.jpg

500x_shaders.jpg

Roegadyn: Seawolf / Lohengarde

500x_seawolf.jpg

500x_lohengarde.jpg

Hyur: Midlanders / Highlanders

500x_midlanders.jpg

500x_highlanders.jpg

Miqo’te: Seekers of the Sun / Keepers of the Moon

500x_seekerssun.jpg

500x_keepersmoon.jpg

Lalafell: Plainsfolk / Dunesfolk

500x_plainsfolk_02.jpg

500x_dunesfoilk.jpg

If FFXIV has Samurais, day one purchase. Was a 67 manthra samurai on Leviathan till Lodu's RL friend took the account. -_- Man I miss that game...