Accelerated Evolution
Scarface

Final Fantasy XIV

I wish I could tell you. I haven;t played much of the game due to the servers fucking sucking ass and always in need of maintenance. Testing was supposed to start this night again and I still can't get on and the servers were "supposed" to be up and running smoothly three mind numbing hours ago.

this really killed my buzz, it may only be one persons opinion but i assume he's been reading the beta forums along with playing. anyway heres the qoute.

" Originally posted by Velocinox

1) you aren't missing anything. There is a reason squeenix was so iron fisted with information about their unfinished game.

2) It's not the fan sites or Fileplanet's doing. Squeenix noticed how terrible the buzz was from the latest beta testers, and put a hold on more so there wouldn't be any more bad word of mouth on their unfinished game.

3) Seriously Squeenix, 8 quests (guildleves) a day and then it's just grinding? Is this 1998 and we're beta testing UO? At least UO appealed to the social misfits with their open PvP, you have nothing, and certainly nothing new. Releasing with zero content isn't going to cut it in 2010.

"

This may not end well.. tomorrow is the last batch of keys for fileplanet, if i grab one and get to test it out ill let you know how I feel. a part inside of me just died after reading ALOT of bad reactions towards how empty the questing and story is, which are things they promised. a solo friendly and group oriented game, story driven quests, etc. if this is all true (and its coming out in just over a month..) then I may pass and wait for Star Wars Old Republic. SE hasn't had the best track record lately in my opinion while I have to say Bioware has been quite dominate lately, if they can turn that dominance (Dragon age, mass effect 2 etc) into a streamline MMO then that will be great. I figured FF14 would be coming out sometime next year.. I have a bad feeling that its being rushed. and my opinion just changed after reading all this crap about it.... prior to this, I was refreshing the fileplanet key page since 9AM to 10PM STRAIGHT. every 1-2 minutes, while checking the fileplanet tweets for an announcement of keys coming (when they come they go in under 4 minutes each day of this give away to members)... so todays giveaway didn't happen due to some BS with Square which is what the qoutation is coming from... I do hope they release the next set of beta keys. Getting complaints from community about an unfinished broken game may not be good publicitiy with only a month til release, but that means they should be taking our feedback and improving on the crap.

Maybe we'll never get a polished MMORPG Launch.... the only reason Aion was polished is because it had been out for like over a year elsewhere, and even that game while I enjoyed it for awhile turned into a pointless grind.

god help me, when the MMO addict starts to think that MMO's are becoming hopeless.. then I am hopeless -cries- -waits for Dragon Age 2- -and a beta key tomorrow to judge for myself-

I'll be disappointed if it is. As much as I'm also excited for SWOR and Cata, FFXIV was really the game I was hoping I'd stick with over the next few years.

I'm in the beta. Too bad Square Enix is too fucking stupid to make the updater connect to peers OR main server like Blizzard does, therefore I am currently at 0 local 0 remote 0/8 files. YAY FOR UPDATING SQUARE.

They keys went in under like 3 minutes, i grabbed one... and now I'll probrably wait til next week to play with the way the updater works.

O YAY now I have 4 remote connections and it will jump to 400kb/s then to zero for 30 seconds then back up to 400 for about 2-3 seconds rinse and repeat.

I RAPID SHARE / TORRENT AT NEAR 4MB/S WTF

This is just me, but I am not digging the game at all.

yeah I'm getting ready to be dissapointed and wait for Star Wars. but We'll see when IT EVER UPDATES.

on the plus side, people are paying pretty good money on ebay for a key.

O YAY now I have 4 remote connections and it will jump to 400kb/s then to zero for 30 seconds then back up to 400 for about 2-3 seconds rinse and repeat.

I RAPID SHARE / TORRENT AT NEAR 4MB/S WTF

Pretty sure you rapidshare/torrent at 4Mb/s, which is 500KB/s.

4MB's would require a 32Mb/s internet connection. So you're probably getting about the right speed, the updater is just displaying it in bytes instead of bits.

I have a 30MB net connection for download, only 5 for upload according to speedtest.net

Trust, i download gigs of movies etc in a matter of under 10 minutes or less. Most movies I rapidshare I get within 3-4 minutes. This is INSANE I've never downloaded anything so slow in my fucking life, well maybe back on a 14.4 modem. currently 85KB/S while uploading 800KB/s......... 13 hours to go on 1 out of 6 updates. This should be a treat.

SE should have learned from blizzard. Such as the updater for Starcraft II. FAST, ability to connect directly to blizzards SERVERS AND p2p. not just this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE P2P system.

PS: after looking through the beta forums all my hope is gone.. I hope when I play something will be restored. as a plus! just a few days ago they added Link Shells! NOT TOO shabby of an update for a game coming out in a month.

the consensus is the game is very very unfinished, and a clunky hard to use UI. I'll give my opinion when I try it, being an MMO nerd I usually praise everything but I am already feeling this terrible dissapoitment. hell even the downloader YOU CANT TURN OFF THE FUCKING MUSIC. Which by the way is not attractive to listen to at all.

and with Scarface saying he doesn't dig it, him being an old FF11 player who loved it.... that says alot.

the beta forums right now at about 80% people bashing the game saying it isnt finished, and 10% saying "we'll wait and see for launch" and 10% defending it in super fanboi mode.

alot of talk is comparing it to aion saying "Aion may have gotten tiresome due to the grind, but atleast it was polished and had a friendly UI" I got tired of Aion after about 1.5 months (well maybe less than that but I played that long), everything showed you were to go that was good. yet I also like where you don't know where to go ala EQ or Vanguard.... and you discover things, but this doesn't seem to be the case with FF14. -smashes face into keyboard-

I have a 30MB net connection for download, only 5 for upload according to speedtest.net

Speed tests measures in Mb's. You have a 3.75MB/s download connection.

A watched pot wont boil?

the beta forums right now at about 80% people bashing the game saying it isnt finished, and 10% saying "we'll wait and see for launch" and 10% defending it in super fanboi mode.

:sad:

all I know is it took me 6 minutes to download Doom 3 and the expansion pack off steam. which s rougly 4gigs (may be a little more) it was averaging 4.5-5MB/s from what it said, I'm kind of lost on this whole thing your talking about but that may because I'm a noob at this, but for example 4-5 Gig blu-ray rips I download under 10 minutes via rapidshare premium, and downloaded all of Just Cause 2 in roughly 20-25 minutes. so this Square Enix downloader is obscenely slow p2p.

on my speed test I'm in the 99 percentile in the world, according to the data they give you -shrugs- I upgraded to the buisness Internet package Optimum online gives, for my studio since i have to upload flac files (more of a gaming and downloading excuse) its costs a lot more per month but it basically triple'd my speed if not more.

Christ does every NPC I talk to have to cut into a fucking 5 minute cut scene? what kind of MMO is this. PS THE UI FUCKING SUCKS. you have to click to enter battle, and its jus skvjsdkjsflskdjflsjflsdkf gonna play a little more to see if i can find something I fancy. -sigh-

Christ does every NPC I talk to have to cut into a fucking 5 minute cut scene? what kind of MMO is this.

It's cute how you think you're going to like the old republic which does this exact same thing but adds a wheel at the bottom.

"I CLICKED ONCE IN A TWO MINUTE SCENE! THAT'S GAMEPLAY!"

I just ran the benchmark tool. What a beast.

Max FPS: 187

MIN FPS: 6

Average: 26.297

Max GPU Temp: 92C

Score: 1398 "Insufficient Performance"

This is on a 3.2GHz Core i5 750 (quad core) with a GTX 470.

That would do it, yeah.

Oh, and I'm updating the client now. It's not that the updates are slow(500Kb/s isn't fast, but it's not slow *shrug*), the updates are just huuuge.

Stupid thing won't let me set affinity to two cores. Access denied. WTF?

The more I hear, the more my despair-o-meter rises. I do have one friend in beta that seems to think it's good, though <.<

I'm still confused about the fatigue thing. It was a rumor, then it was denied, then it was confirmed with one more hour of play a week? Wha?

The more I hear, the more my despair-o-meter rises. I do have one friend in beta that seems to think it's good, though <.<

I'm still confused about the fatigue thing. It was a rumor, then it was denied, then it was confirmed with one more hour of play a week? Wha?

Yeah, I don't get it. Only 8 hours a week? If any game is worth playing, I've probably played it for 10+ hours straight when I fist got it.

Pretty much, yeah. I mean, I don't expect to play much more than that (if that) between school and work, but... I'm paying a monthly fee. Why the hell shouldn't I be able to if I want to?