Accelerated Evolution

Pizza Hut? What is that place?

Crube

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstock...pizza-quot.aspx

Blame recession cuts. Pizza Hut is reportedly slicing the "pizza" from its name. The fast food chain will now be known simply as "The Hut."

The chain, which has recently expanded its menu beyond pizza to include pasta, could not immediately be reached for comment Friday. Media and advertising trade publication MediaWeek characterized the name change as an attempt to transform its stores into hip hangouts. There are more than 10,000 Pizza Huts worldwide.

The new "hut" stores will be more than simply places to place a delivery order, according to MediaWeek. They will include televisions that broadcast CBS programs such as "Wheel of Fortune" and "Entertainment Tonight."

The company has tried to become more hip and youth friendly in recent months. In April, it introduced the Pizza Hut "Twintern," an employee who uses the online service Twitter to update customers about store events and pop culture news.

This isn't the first time for Pizza Hut-parent Yum Brands to change the name of one of their iconic restautant chains, which include KFC and Taco Bell restaurants. In 1991, the company rebranded Kentucky Fried Chicken as KFC. Recently, to highlight the company's healthier grilled chicken offerings, the company has referred to the KFC brand as KGC.

I've known this place as Pizza Hut for all my life, how dare they change something! I meant, who the fuck wants to eat at a place called "The Hut"?

The last time I went to Pizza Hut was sooooo depressing. A friend from work and I were the only ones in the place, the buffet looked disqusting, and it took nearly 25 minutes for them to make our pizones...which weren't worth the $5. Hang it up Pizza Hut!

sounds like the last time i was there. except for the one guy who was seriously too fat for the booth. i couldn't believe it, as just prior to that i remarked about how wide the booths were.

Also, I'd like to mention...

FAIL.

Only cool and hip Twittering kids eat pzones and watch CBS at The Hut. DEAL WITH IT GRAMPS.

sounds like the last time i was there. except for the one guy who was seriously too fat for the booth. i couldn't believe it, as just prior to that i remarked about how wide the booths were.

But, buffet!

Which reminds me. Who are they fooling with when they are trying to say Pasta Hut marketing is totally new? I recall they had shitty pasta on the buffet line along with shitty pasta salad and shitty salad.

Update: I Knew It Was Too Stupid To Be True Edition

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Inves....aspx?GT1=33009

Pizza Hut is slicing the "pizza" from its boxes and some store signs. The fast food chain will now brand some stores as simply "The Hut."

However, contrary to earlier reports, the iconic chain won't be changing its name, a Pizza Hut spokesman said Friday. The boxes and some store signs will say "The Hut." Others will retain the Pizza Hut name.

Pizza Hut has recently expanded its menu beyond pizza to include pasta, giving it some reason to alter its branding. Media and advertising trade publication MediaWeek characterized the name change as an attempt to transform its stores into hip hangouts. There are more than 10,000 Pizza Huts worldwide.

The new "Hut" stores will be more than simply places to place a delivery order, according to MediaWeek. They will include televisions that broadcast programs such as "Wheel of Fortune" and "Entertainment Tonight."

The company has tried to become more hip and youth-friendly in recent months. In April, it introduced the Pizza Hut "Twintern," an employee who uses the online service Twitter to update customers about store events and pop culture news.

This isn't the first time for Pizza Hut parent Yum Brands to change the branding of one of its iconic restaurant chains, which include Taco Bell. In 1991, the company rebranded Kentucky Fried Chicken as KFC. Recently, to highlight the company's healthier grilled chicken offerings, the company has referred to the KFC brand as KGC.

In other news related to YUM, two California residents are reportedly suing the KFC chain for failing to give them a free grilled chicken sandwich. The customers are claiming that a sandwich giveaway promoted by Oprah Winfrey was a "bait and switch" scheme aimed at getting folks in the door to buy other menu items, according to The Associated Press. KFCs were overwhelmed by demand for the sandwiches.

So, it's like the whole Checkers/Rally's or Carls Jr./Hardees thing. Except it sells shitty pizza to hip and trendy kids that Tweet and watch radical shows like Entertainment Tonight and Wheel of Fortune.

They have hella American fastfood chains the Middle East. Esp in Saudi Arabia they have a bunch since alcohol is banned and eating junk food is one of the few pleasures, supposedly.

This and drive over sand dunes in their expensive off road vehicles for fun.

At the very least they know that I won't buy pizza from a company that isn't following me on Twitter.

Get with the times Grandpa!

Yeah this is ridiculous. I heard about it a while back but thought it was a joke. I actually quite like the food at pizza hut sometimes and I'm going to feel such a fool just stepping inside 'The Hut'... I mean it sounds like some super-dodgy brothel or drug den of some kind and that ain't my Pizza Hut!

The Hut sounds like a place were grannies congregate and knit sweaters and play checkers.