Accelerated Evolution

The Fishing Thread

So i dont know how many of you fish. Maybe some of you have been, maybe not. Maybe people hate fishing , i dont know. I love it.

So talk about anything and everything fishing, tell stories, tricks of the trade, hell maybe even say how you like to cook fish.

I went fishing for fathers day today and it was probably the most epic day of fishing i have ever had. In about 2 hours my parents and i caught about 25-30 rainbow trout . The average size was probably about 3 pounds. We kept six for eating and going to smoke the trout like you smoke salmon.

Fishing is a relaxing hobby. Just sitting under a tree and casting a line out is a nice therapy away from the noisy city. I usually go catfish, but sometimes I get blue gill too. What's great about fishing is just not having any man made sounds and taking in nature. You know, the birds chirping, squirrels gathering, ducks quacking, and so forth. That peace you can only find in nature. Good times.

I eat catfish battered and fried, I really haven't had it any other way. Just fry up some french fries, hush puppies, and make a fresh batch of cole slaw. That and some corn on the cob for a nice meal.

i love fishing. The only real Father-Son "Bonding" things that my dad did was camping and fishing. Sadly enough the only good memories even if he did usually ruin them somehow. *he did try so maybe i should give him another chance. Be easier if he wasn't all the way in PG*

oh well. i miss fishing alot. Right down to my refined fish killing method. even if i don't get a bite just the act of paddling a canoe or cruising the lake trolling is an :awesome: thing in its own right

i love fishing. The only real Father-Son "Bonding" things that my dad did was camping and fishing. Sadly enough the only good memories even if he did usually ruin them somehow. *he did try so maybe i should give him another chance. Be easier if he wasn't all the way in PG*

oh well. i miss fishing alot. Right down to my refined fish killing method. even if i don't get a bite just the act of paddling a canoe or cruising the lake trolling is an :awesome: thing in its own right

My father-son bonding includes fishing, golfing, watching sports, building, and repairing stuff. But yes, I do miss fishing. Haven't done it in awhile.

I fucking love fishing. I was pretty much raised to fish. My dad is somewhat of a celebrity in B.C., so it'd be shameful if I didn't. He just got a book published (shameless promotion) and it is fantastic. My favorite way to fish is in a belly boat, just floating around the lake all day. I've got all my own gear, too. I'm not very good at catching any, but I don't really care.

Dadsbookcover.jpg

I also love eating any type of seafood.

I fucking love fishing. I was pretty much raised to fish. My dad is somewhat of a celebrity in B.C., so it'd be shameful if I didn't. He just got a book published (shameless promotion) and it is fantastic. My favorite way to fish is in a belly boat, just floating around the lake all day. I've got all my own gear, too. I'm not very good at catching any, but I don't really care.

Dadsbookcover.jpg

I also love eating any type of seafood.

That's pretty awesome for your dad. Who knows, you might follow in his footsteps!

Going fishing wednesday from the looks of it. I just have to find my belly boat and fly fishing rod and i am golden. My friend and i are debating of maybe staying the night and building a lean to in the bush beside the lake and sleeping under that in sleeping in sleeping bags under the stars.

dayum son. i haven't built a lean since grade 8. :awesome: Gotta love a town so out there it has a course based on making fires, building shelters and surviving the local climate

sounds like an awesome trip though

I fucking love fishing. Just me my friends and my brothers going to a lake getting really fucking drunk and high and then eating the lunchen meat/spam that we were gonna use to catch carp. It gives you time to chill, drink and talk and then the drunkern excitement of when your alarm starts to beep like a mother funker.