Accelerated Evolution

Let's Play: Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles

244tkw4.jpg

Title: Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles

Developer: InUtero

Publisher: Ubisoft

Platforms: PC, Dreamcast, PS2

Introduction: Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles was one of three games developed by French developer InUtero before they went bankrupt. All three projects had good intentions but suffered severe mechanical issues due to being pushed out the door at the last minute. The premise reloves around the main character Cyprien who resides in an orphanage and uses his overactive imagination to get through his days. His friends throw him a birthday party without the knowledge that Cyprien was not in the best mood because his parents died on his birthday. Despite his friends' effort to cheer him up, he storms out of his party and condemns all of his friends and imaginations to death. His imagination creeps into reality and takes all of his friends away to his imaginary land known as "Undabed" [Not terrribly original, I know.] Cyprien is transported into his imaginary world to find that things have become much darker than he remembers. In his absence, an evil being known only as "The Master" appeared and washed a black wave over Unabed and is causing its decay and ruination. It's up to Cyprien to take back Undabed and reclaim it from the master. During which, Cyprien's toy and best friend Lenny [a teddy bear that he imagines talks to him] was taken away and he's on a quest to find him.

Cyprien has to travel to eight different islands, most of which are based off of one of his friends being overcome by their tragic flaw [selfishness, Greed, etc.] and changing their section of Undabed to reflect it. The game itself is a platformer with many bugs and glitches and is nearly unplayable. However, its original art direction was enough to forgive the game and its flaws for me so I decided to do a LP for it.

Extra note: My narraration can be a little dry because I'm usually exhausted when I make them, but you'll be able to tell the time of day by how interesting I sound. Also the first few videos don't have a good balance between ingame sound and narraration. One last note: My Fraps kind of broke recently so my more recent movies have some minor technical issues, just bear with it.

Introductory Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uAy6v60fIQ

Training Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvkQS3dN8Ds...feature=related

Demi Island

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Vince's Island

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 [Final]

Folk Island

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

----- This series is still in progress but has been put on hold temporarily because my CPU is fucked and I need a new one but it will continue ASAP-----

It's my first LP so be gentle :hardgay:

Did I go into a coma for a few months or did you do all that at once?

Rofl. This has been something I wanted to do for me for a long time but I only got around to actually doing it maybe two or three months ago. I started about 3 month ago, but then my computer went down for a month and I started again when I got everything back up and running. This game is very rare and so there are a good amount of people who wanted to play it but couldn't cause it's hard to come by and even if you find it, it's usually PAL formatted instead of NTSC. So to answer your question, I guess you went in a coma for a few months because I've been slowly releasing these for the last [technically] two months. The most recent six were put out rapid fire though because I released all six between like a Monday night and Tuesday afternoon. I just didn't think to let AE know until now I guess.

Rofl. This has been something I wanted to do for me for a long time but I only got around to actually doing it maybe two or three months ago. I started about 3 month ago, but then my computer went down for a month and I started again when I got everything back up and running. This game is very rare and so there are a good amount of people who wanted to play it but couldn't cause it's hard to come by and even if you find it, it's usually PAL formatted instead of NTSC. So to answer your question, I guess you went in a coma for a few months because I've been slowly releasing these for the last [technically] two months. The most recent six were put out rapid fire though because I released all six between like a Monday night and Tuesday afternoon. I just didn't think to let AE know until now I guess.

I'mma friend you on Youtube, then.

Wow, this sounds awesome. Never even heard of this one. Well, at least now I have a ton of stuff to watch at work. lol

It pretty much is lol. Yeah with everything I've done there's probably at least a solid two hours worth of video, but I'd wear headphones cause sometimes I say NSFW stuff.

I'mma friend you on Youtube, then.

Accepted. I should friend the rest of you guys incidentally.

Just finished watching. Man, this game is bizarre. Awesome, awesome choice. It's amazing how much art direction does for this game as everything is pretty cliche, the gameplay looks uninspired and the writing and voice acting both are totally off their mark. But it looks fantastic, and I keep watching to see what weird places they take it next.

It's like Psychonaut's older brother that just wasn't loved as much.

Anyways, as far as feedback goes personally I dig the gameplay segments even if they're terrible. Gives a greater impression of the whole, imo. But if something is boring or repetitive feel free to cut it out.

Just finished watching. Man, this game is bizarre. Awesome, awesome choice. It's amazing how much art direction does for this game as everything is pretty cliche, the gameplay looks uninspired and the writing and voice acting both are totally off their mark. But it looks fantastic, and I keep watching to see what weird places they take it next.

It's like Psychonaut's older brother that just wasn't loved as much.

Anyways, as far as feedback goes personally I dig the gameplay segments even if they're terrible. Gives a greater impression of the whole, imo. But if something is boring or repetitive feel free to cut it out.

Thanks for the input and I'm glad you get it lol. The very first video I tried to make that clear but some people dont' get it still. One of the first things I said was "This is not a good game". Have any critique on anything? It's my first LP so thoughts are appreciated.

Well, other than that you sound really tired. (Which you've stated that you in fact, are. lol) You do get a lot of pops in your mic, especially in that last vid. Might want to try moving the mic away and speaking louder, or just watching words with "p" in it. =P

But yeah, I'm digging it. Can't wait till you get yer stuff fixed.