Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Cleese

Hey, its Aion

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot. The collectors edition seems awfully enticing. I don't suppose there's going to be an open beta period soon?

They kind of picked a crummy release window, though. September 22? Like a week after classes start. Blugh.

there is one more closed beta event next friday-monday then toons will be wiped. After which there will be an open beta my guess being around early-mid september and after the open beta there will be another character wipe. then head start will begin for those who preordered the game on the 20th and on the 22nd the game will go live for everyone else.

So it's been an inside joke in my PvP guild for no truly apparent reason to recreate Final Fantasy characters and beat people's asses. It's especially funny to be rolled up on by Aerith, Terra, Celes, Dagger and Umaro

Anyways, this is Dagger the spiritmaster and her summon. <3

post-163-12546923110195.jpg

So...is there like anyway to disable the spam god awfulness of gold sellers? Sweet fancy Moses my chat is raped every nanosecond I am logged in.

Daigurren Elyos Gladiator btw. :)

Each time you log in, take 5 minutes to let the spam stack up, then add each of the spammers to your block list.

Block list actually blocks in channel chat now, not just in whispers anymore.

update: Zhuge, level 18 assassin Asmodian on Israphel.

if I had known you where on Israphel as an Elyos I would have rolled Elyos to play with you, I went Asmodian because the guild I've been a part of Stormhaven (I join at the vanguard beta like over 2 years ago?) moved to this game (they have chapters in 5 current games, and started in 1998 with Ultima Online) so each game picked up loyal members some stay with theyre game some move on with the guild to new games etc so I had alot of buddies I've spent countless hours mmo-ing with on the Asmodian side.

:(

So I've been playing this since it came out and I don't know if its the typical slow down time you periodically get from playing these games so much but right now the game's gotten quite boring for myself.

I've made my way up to a level 31 spiritmaster and both the game and I can't really figure out what we want to do. The quest leveler in me wants to level via quests mainly for the rewards, weather they be monetary or gear, but that usually consists of me having to run all over the place to find all the quests that I can do at my level; which in turn eats up a lot of travel time. But the ginder in me wants to just find a spot and kill kill kill. Unfortunately, that really doesn't always mean I'm killing the right mobs to get the most exp per mob that I could. Combine that with having to play in a very small (read: 4 members) legion, doing anything at all in the abyss is an effort in futility. You really cannot accomplish anything in the abyss solo or with a small group.

I always ran in the Abyss solo, though I'd imagine anyone who isn't a Templar, Ranger, or Cleric would have a tough time doing so. You just have to play during offpeak hours (you could play during peak, but it'd probably be more efficient to just grind outside of abyss) and always being ready to drop everything and run for the towers the instant you see red diamonds/text.

Make sure you have a chat window up that shows exclusively Enemy - Info. It'll alert you to any skill or item the opposing faction uses with a certain range (this range is greater than your radar's range, and unlike your radar, it is omnidirectional).

At 31, I grinded Vengeful Spirits, and did Fire Temple runs when my legion was up for it. I stuck there until 35 (even though I was getting penalized exp then) until I had 58k points for abyss items. Ask other SMs where they grinded, since you typically want to grind monsters who have some weakness you can exploit. (For example, Viragos are fragile monsters with a powerful skill set... so Rangers naturally have a very easy time killing them, whereas Temps and Gladiators would not)

Try the Aion Grind Optimizer (http://www.aionwh.com/). It'll help you find monsters to grind, though imo the best way is to find a good legion and just ask your higher ups where they grinded, since they'll also tell you about repeatable quests you should be doing and any quests with rewards that are absolutely worth getting (such as the +20%mspd shoes quest, or the lv38 jewelry set quest), or if your class is capable of grinding somewhere even better (SMs can start grinding lv38 elites at lv35, even lower than that maybe).

I know people like to run in small legions with their friends, but if you need help... a big legion is usually able to help. You're going to be out of the loop about things like fortress raids or boss farming if you only talk to the same 10 people...

I just got all the best gear I could for me being level 19 and my buddy made me a bad-ass looking helm, then I socketed everything with +8 crits. i am a crit machine. I use the dagger main hand sword offhand method