Accelerated Evolution

I think it would be a fun idea to get a bunch of the board members together on Skype and do a huge LP for a multiplayer game. My original idea was a large game of Tremulous. If we DO do Tremulous, I think about 6 people would be a minimum. However many people want to can record the video and we can have somebody record the Skype call and then we can all drop the group commentary over each video. Essentially, it would be the same game from every person's perspective with the group commentary over it, showing what each person was doing when they say things.

Thoughts?

I'd be down for something like this. Tremulous appears to be a quake clone, assuming from the name and a couple screens, no?

Also, I think rather than 6 vids having 1 vid with that jumps from perspective to perspective at interesting moments during play may be more interesting.

Well, whatever. I suppose we'd have to decide on who edits it, then (probably not me, I use Windows Movie Maker).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You know, a really good LP game for a group might be Gang Garrison 2. It's a freeware demake of TF2, and it's about all I've been playing these days. There's no voice or text chat, so players communicate through symbols. Which can be pretty hilarious. Anyway, it'd be kind of fun to set up a Skype conversation while playing this. For one thing, it would kind of break the game to be able to give detailed orders to our teammates. We could really have fun with that. Like, we could go all Heavy+Medic for territory control or something. Or all Pyros for capturing the briefcase.

You know, a really good LP game for a group might be Gang Garrison 2. It's a freeware demake of TF2, and it's about all I've been playing these days. There's no voice or text chat, so players communicate through symbols. Which can be pretty hilarious. Anyway, it'd be kind of fun to set up a Skype conversation while playing this. For one thing, it would kind of break the game to be able to give detailed orders to our teammates. We could really have fun with that. Like, we could go all Heavy+Medic for territory control or something. Or all Pyros for capturing the briefcase.

I've played that. It was fun for a while, but eventually lost it's appeal quickly.