Accelerated Evolution

(SPOILERS)my first OMFG moment in modern warfare 2

Wind

Okay multiplayer is just as good as COD4 if not better, way more balanced and their is no issue with not having dedicated servers, im talking instant games as soon as you do amtchmaking, it matches teams up due to skill levels, and always have had games so close within 100 points. but singleplayer is where it really blows you away so spoiler tags below, if you want to know its not a HUGE secret its a known fact of the countries the game takes place in but I wanted to say what made me KNOW I dished 60 out for the right reason

The first two single player maps had been real fun but nothing more than any COD4 singleplayer maps, although the fact that I got to kill hundreds if not thousands of civilians in the second? level is just hesterical, they crawl and beg for mercy and you just blast them away in the airport, its so "Graphic and controversial" that you have an option to skip the level. but nothing mattered until the war hit the USA and russian bombers in the 100's take out suburbia USA. You then fight on the streets of neighborhoods with paratroopers coming down, blast through fast food restuarants and gas stations holding the roof with a thermal vision sniper rifle (shows the target as white real helpful) and get to use the tactical missle which shows the map from above in white with hostiles in red, and works on armor (tanks) or enemy troops, you target the area move the mouse to aim from a top down view and BOOM. biggest I had was 15 kill in one missle.

Watching a regular town in the USA being destroyed infront of your eyes, we are not faimilar with russia or iraq like in the other games, but let me tell you.. The single player mode is an absolute MASTERPIECE

the thing is, while being able to join a game fast isn't my problem with it. Dedicated servers allow for customized play. Thats why I dont like how there isnt any.

As well as formed the backbone of the ridiculously dedicated CoD community. I for one always enjoyed CoD2 and CoD4 servers that enforced rules against nade spam, ff, martyrdom and so on...

And happy to say I won't be playing MW2 for a long time. (If I ever get around to it.)

As well as formed the backbone of the ridiculously dedicated CoD community. I for one always enjoyed CoD2 and CoD4 servers that enforced rules against nade spam, ff, martyrdom and so on...

And happy to say I won't be playing MW2 for a long time. (If I ever get around to it.)

exactly. the lack of dedicated servers really kills a lot of ways to customize your experience with the game, which is really REALLY off putting for me.

The way the multiplayer is set up you cannot spam nade, and you cant use Marty unless its a pity perk (if you've been killed like 8 times without a kill you get to use it) you need to try the multiplayer out somewhere before you judge it because trust me, its the most balanced COD game ever and the most fun to play multiplayer. Im close to unlocked the third person online match which seems like it'll be a blast since you can see behind you.

also you can start a private match, which allows you to customzie.

http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/951944-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/articles.html?sort=6

while reviews from magazines only show one side of the game, and as we know with halo games always that are uber hybed get a bump up, I am just posting this so those worried can further read upon various reviews of how multiplayer works. I can even fraps my own video if wanted.

i think you may be missing the point. Sure it may be "the most balanced ever" but that was the point of them doing that. We arent complaining about balancing issues, we're complaining about them not letting us set up games as we may want them. We have absolutely no control over how we want to play a game without having to resort to playing a private game. There is nothing wrong with that kind of setup on a console system, but there is no excuse for it on the PC, no matter how you look at it.

it doesn't have anything to do with morals, it has to do with IW fucking with PC players in terms of customization and overall tightness of the multilayer experience. Aside from the fact there isnt any dedicated servers there aren't console commands, games only go up to 9v9, no way to boot exploiters/cheaters/hackers aside from VAC, no way to mod the game whatsoever. It's part of what makes PC gaming what it is. What IW has done with MW2 is essentially just made a console shooter for the PC, instead of making an actual PC game. It's very off putting for me.

http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/951944-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/articles.html?sort=6

Those are the xBox 360 reviews. While I'm sure the multiplayer is great for console players who aren't used to the luxuries of PC the lack of customization has hit the scores for the PC version of the game. It might still be a great experience. The issue is that IW is taking away features that we've had before and have come to expect.

Those are the xBox 360 reviews. While I'm sure the multiplayer is great for console players who aren't used to the luxuries of PC the lack of customization has hit the scores for the PC version of the game. It might still be a great experience. The issue is that IW is taking away features that we've had before and have come to expect.

I wholly agree with what you and Artie have said about the pc gaming experience on top of the 60 dollar price tag for the pc game. But i dont a gree with this

While I'm sure the multiplayer is great for console players who aren't used to the luxuries of PC

The reason being is one cannot have all of the luxeries that the pc has because the ability to customize a game and add mods to a console version of a game is physically impossible at this juncture. However in pas cod's players on consoles could pick there own servers or just have the computer isert them into matches that suite the players skill level. However that minor detail is forgivable in the console realm of things.

Edit: in before "Next WoW Killer"

So, a long time ago around E3 I forget which developer was talking about it (from some other company, not Actiblizzard or IW) but he was saying how the E3 demo seemed more over the top action oriented, like a James Bond movie and not a Call of Duty game.

After beating it yesterday, that's pretty much what MW2 became in the last half.

Edit: in before "Next WoW Killer"

It beat Amazon's pre-order numbers for Lich King. So we can all say that and still be right in a sense.

To be fair, this game is only made up of OMFG moments. It doesnt really let up. That being said the last 2 levels are really starting to make no sense.

the last two or three missions are filled with "WTF" moments.

i'm pretty sure, even after playing through it twice, that i still don't understand the twist near the end.

hit level 31 for my online rank, I've been owning with the M4, only two more skins to unlock for it (I've been getting most headshots the majority of games I play) and I have been spending maybe 20% of my playing time with the third person mode which surprisngly is really awesome. TDM third person is a blast, but capture the flag is key for a stress reliever and a quick match that will make you feel good if you win.

hit level 31 for my online rank, I've been owning with the M4, only two more skins to unlock for it (I've been getting most headshots the majority of games I play) and I have been spending maybe 20% of my playing time with the third person mode which surprisngly is really awesome. TDM third person is a blast, but capture the flag is key for a stress reliever and a quick match that will make you feel good if you win.

congrats..... i guess?