Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Wind

early FF13 reviews

those would be considered "good" scores.

And Adam, you say you don't care if a game gets bad reviews, but you look at reviews apparently using metacritic as an example. fail.

What would you prefer I use? Game Informer?

Most people will cite Metacritic as a source for their game reviews and base their interest off of that. I could care less what a game makes.

Most people will cite Metacritic as a source for their game reviews and base their interest off of that. I could care less what a game makes.

Some people do, most people don't. No one gives a shit about people who do anyway because sites like Metacritic and Gamerankings pick out certain sties reviews and skew point scales for any site who doesn't use a 1-10 point scale.

Who cares? No one's even talking about metacritic or gamerankings scores here besides Wind.

(and 8.5/85%/4 out of 5 stars/3 hotdogs out of 2 cupcakes is no where near a "bad" score to begin with.)

What would you prefer I use? Game Informer?

well for starters to bolster your point you could've used a site that didnt have a good review for Darksiders, not an 83.

And I prefer using the donut/bagels system. I would give Darksiders 4 donuts and a half a bagel out of 5 donuts.

Depends on what kind of donuts obviously.

and hip guy, I don't get a hardon over every Suikoden game. 4 sucked ass, so bye bye whatever you were trying to convey.

I like how a few months ago when the game came out it was being bashed for being very linear and having the same bullshit JRPG trite, but now finding out that the 360 version runs at a lower resolution suddenly fanboys are praising it as "THE BEST GAME EVER MADE OH MY GOD"

Between this and Heavy Rain Sony fanboys have overturned Nintendo fanboys for annoyance levels. A lot of message boards are now a pain in the ass to read anymore because no one wants to have a discussion about games, they just want to bitch and flame/defend.

/rant.

Well I still think this game is going to suck...if that matters at all!

Atleast you're sticking to your opinion.

Edge and Wired certainly didn't like it.

Well now I know why I have no interest in buyng or playing this game.

The creator said it isn't a RPG.

no rpg = scar not giving a shit.

I'm really digging this so far, but only about fifteen hours or so into it. The Paradigm Shifts make the battles really fun and story isn't dredged down by the usual JRPG teenage angst.

Also,

030410_FFXIII_supreview_obs1--article_im

Edit: Although I f'ing hate Hope and Vanile. Both of them are overly annoying. Sazh does a good job of balancing them out though.

I f'ing hate Hope and Vanile. Both of them are overly annoying. Sazh does a good job of balancing them out though.

Completely agreed. I'm only 3 hours or so in and I heard at least Hope improves. But right now he's rivalling Shinji for queen bitch of the universe. God damn he's annoying.

The game is okay. 3 hours of walking forward in almost empty hallways and pressing X is ridiculous, and the story isn't capturing me atm. Hopefully it gets better but right now it's feeling very generic and vapid while it desperately tries to distract me with pretty.

it's a really slow burn. soon as you get out of Cacoon it starts to get a lot more fun. but that's a good 20 hours.

this is probably my favorite FF since 7.

I heard that the way the party comes together is alot more organic.

i don't want to spoil it for anyone but Lightning is actually a solider who believes she's her dead friend and all the main characters are orphans who lived in the same orphanage when they were little which was owned by Pulse.

Sazh is just a black guy though.

i've been playing it. its kinda nice what they did with potions and stuff, but it still plays like almost everyother game.

regardless, i'll probably still play the shit out of it.

i got a thing for underage redheads, you going to judge me?

I don't care about the underage redhead part. Vanille is just gross looking. Not to mention every word she says makes me want to line up all the living things in the world and then strangle them all into oblivion one by one.

And before anyone says it, yes I understand that "her mouth will be busy" or "she doesn't have to talk" But she does and will... Incessantly. And every time her fucking mouth opens another part of my soul is sacrificed painfully unto the gnashing maw of a thousand hells. Even if Pauly Shore was the hottest man on the planet, he'd still be Pauly Shore and Vanille is somehow even worse than that.

Vanille is just gross looking. Not to mention every word she says makes me want to line up all the living things in the world and then strangle them all into oblivion one by one.

500x_500x_500x_500x_500x_500x_ginger2.jp

i don't want to spoil it for anyone but Lightning is actually a solider who believes she's her dead friend and all the main characters are orphans who lived in the same orphanage when they were little which was owned by Pulse.

Sazh is just a black guy though.

So... it's a little bit of 7 and 8? Or is this sarcasm? I really can't tell!