Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Wind

Bioshock 2

After waiting for the reviews to come in, all being in the 90's somewhere I can safely say my purchase will HOPEFULLY be worth it. It's downloading right now via steam, should be completed as I finish my second playthhrough of mass effect 2. (about an hour-hour and a half of gameplay left, including the dlcs) so let this be the "What you think of bioshock 2" thread. I had my doubts, but the multiplayer seems really fun and the singleplayer looks beautiful and from reviews they say they made the gameplay more fluid along with fixing obnoxious hacking systems, and concentrate more on the story in the game. all good things for me...

so let me know!

I'm only about 2 hours in atm, but the ammo wasting is starting to get on my nerves. Hopefully this improves as I power up since it's just getting ridiculous.

Comparison of the same elements in Bio 1 versus Bio 2.

Bio 1 encounter breakdown:

Big Daddy Battle

Little Sister Choice

**Lots of ammo/eve wasted in the battle typically.

Bio 2 encounter breakdown:

Big Daddy Battle

Gather Attempt 1

Gather Attempt 2

Little Sister Choice

*After finishing dealing with all the sisters in a level either way*

Big Sister Battle

Thats a fuck ton more ammo wasted and there just isn't enough drops or money to deal with it so early when you're really weak.

Plus it's a ton more busy work. Oh well, hopefully it gets less annoying as I become a powerhouse.

Overall the game is beautiful and it's good to be back in Rapture again though.

try the multiplayer yet? I heard from one website "the only online shooter that may pull players from modern warefare 2 for awhile"

10 more % left on my download... for some reason steam is downloading at an extrodinary slow rate today... servers hammered?? I dont know.

and I am officially digging it very much, and the multiplayer is very fun, nothing to go NUTS about, then again I only tried FFA death match, they have some team based ones that would be fun like good ole CTF, and one where someone carries the little sister and you kill him to carry it and whoever carries it the longest wins etc. I'm about 2.5-3 hours in the single-player game. I love my BOOMSTICK

okya multiplayer is fucking great, the team capture the adam is so addictign and so fun, it has a level up system like MW2 but with plasmids and cool guns / abiltiies....like... its really addicting and well-made (design team behind unreal tournement etc designed the multiplayer) people kept saying "nobodys playing this game for multi" but every game mode theyres endless players all who are already ranking up in the 20's, i'm only rank 4 after about 2 hours playing online... so much fun

I just can't stand the fact they made a sequel. Bioshock ended. There's no need to return to Rapture. Adding a multiplayer just as a selling point is also very dumb, but I hear it's polished at least.

I just can't stand the fact they made a sequel. Bioshock ended. There's no need to return to Rapture. Adding a multiplayer just as a selling point is also very dumb, but I hear it's polished at least.

That's kinda silly. There's plenty of reason to return to Rapture. It's one of the most interesting environments in recent years, and 10 years later it's no less interesting. Jack's story isn't the only story in Rapture. Why let a concept die when you can explore it more? Especially if you do it right?

That's kinda silly. There's plenty of reason to return to Rapture. It's one of the most interesting environments in recent years, and 10 years later it's no less interesting. Jack's story isn't the only story in Rapture. Why let a concept die when you can explore it more? Especially if you do it right?

exactly. Now if just just half-assed it and made it shitty then there would be reason to be pissed.

The ending was better than in bioshock 1, just beat it and I got the EVIL ending. it explains where the little sisters even come from which imo is very important, thats the basis of the story. I beat it with the EVIL ending, I am told they're is either 4-6 different endings, I liked my ending but the choices I made sort of made the whole goal of the game nullified lol

and the multiplayer is actually excellent thats what I am playing now. The game mode where two teams switch off protecting the little sister (with one random big daddy) while the other grabs her, runs as far as they can trying to put her into the "little sister hole" what balances this gamde mode out because if she respawned at the original spot per drop the turrets etc would make it impossible, is that she stays where she is dropped, even if its while attemping to put her in the hole in the wal, she'l drop right there. They are always CLOSE games in this mode, 2-1, 1-0, 2-2 tie etc.

you level up like MW/MW2 style getting better guns, plasmids and tonics, very very well made.