Accelerated Evolution
Artie

Random Thoughts: New Thread is New

Went to a private party on Saturday. I meet some people from ILM, I think I'm going to try for a tour of the place sometime soon.

Shitload of Wildfires are happening here in Central texas.. tons of people lost their house.. and it's no thanks to 80 days of 100 degree heat....and no rain..

On a somewhat related note, I should be working as a programmer or systems engineer for ABB in a couple of weeks.

Took longer than a couple weeks, but I start October 3rd.

Admin log (because I'm bored):

Rebooted a bunch of times for multiple stupid ass Debian security kernel updates.

Switched every single internal server daemon we use to UNIX sockets instead of the TCP/IP stack. This makes things wildly fast and super secure.

Tweaked the shit out of some stuff.

The site is now too fast.

Any one of you guys ever play the 2D Strider arcade game?...if you have.. I have a question.. what was the purpose of the robotic bird flying in circles when you released him from the pod?

Any one of you guys ever play the 2D Strider arcade game?...if you have.. I have a question.. what was the purpose of the robotic bird flying in circles when you released him from the pod?

I love Strider. The robots are called "options" and they attack enemies. The Hawk specifically attacks air born enemies. Unlike the little saucer drones, it has no life bar - it's on a time limit.

So, last night was interesting. It was my step-dad's 50th birthday party. I got to spend the evening with a bunch of drunk rednecks. Also, my mother got SUPER drunk and tried to drive off in my car with the doors open. Luckily, reverse is not in the normal spot in my Jetta so she was trying to take off in forth.