Accelerated Evolution
Artie

Random Thoughts: New Thread is New

besides the members i've already met in person, the three i really want to see the most are Neko, Crube, and Brian because they've always been there for me when i needed them the most. but really it would be awesome to see everyone from AE at some point in time. the members who have stayed and ones from the past who wandered out. if only to see what their life is like now. some are married, few even have kids, others have really nice jobs.

back when we'd stay up until four in the morning in a AIM chatroom or here bullshitting about comics, video games, movies, books. now we're making comic books, creating video games, directing movies, and being paid to write. it's crazy. some of you i've known personally for three years, others almost eight or more.

tl;dr - growing up is weird.

Growing up kinda' sorta' sucks. I mean, I never, ever want to see my teenage years again, but still...

I want to meet AE members too, but that would probably be one really weird social outing.

besides the members i've already met in person, the three i really want to see the most are Neko, Crube, and Brian.

:wub:

On that note, I actually got to meet Brian, Rita, Brittany, and her friend that used to post here!

awwww keira your so awesome :O and amazing person...youve been so great to me id love to meet you and brian.....maaaaan i really wish i could meet some people from here :D

as i was browsing last night i came across this,

1-1.png

ruh-roh. that's probably not supposed to happen.

also, i'm thinking of dying my hair black tomorrow for the rest of the summer. pics to (maybe) come next week since i haven't posted any since my last birthday.

Growing up kinda' sorta' sucks. I mean, I never, ever want to see my teenage years again, but still...

doesn't it? i'd give up an awful lot to go back even a good four years and tell myself to enjoy it. back when i had more confidence, goals, friends, and mostly importantly, time. that small buffer or time before adulthood before you realize things like people, jobs, and relationships are soul-crushing things.

On that note, I actually got to meet Brian, Rita, Brittany, and her friend that used to post here!

and you got to give a ball to MUCC! :ohmy:

i imagine if when we meet up Crube, we'll go to a concert and have lots of good food before or after. or before and after, i'm cool with that.

awwww keira your so awesome :O and amazing person...youve been so great to me id love to meet you and brian.....maaaaan i really wish i could meet some people from here :D

as are you, Neko. i sure wish i could have been with you last night. :eyebrows: :wub:

and you got to give a ball to MUCC! :ohmy:

i imagine if when we meet up Crube, we'll go to a concert and have lots of good food before or after. or before and after, i'm cool with that.

It was a pink duck bird thing! :crube: And hopefully it will be a band like... say... Rush!

Darcie come down to Olympia! It's like a 3-4 hour drive from Vancouver island (which is one of the most beautiful spots on earth)

Also life is totally insane, brb

EDIT: Colin we should take more 5am walks like it was cathartic as fuck

oh man Darc! Do IT!

I think I definitely will at some point, once I start working and making some $$$$. As much as I'd like to bring my boyfriend I think he's mildly weirded out by the whole "internet friends" things. Which I find adorable.

In other news, our first day in Nanaimo, Travis (shirtless!) and Lugnut got on CTV news. There was a drive by shooting one door down. It was really hot and we were moving our things in when Lugnut ran out to greet CTV man. My new nickname for Travis is now "Hollywood Hills" and so is our home. They're at 1:54.

Like Artie, I've only obviously met the people from CT that are on AE. I knew most of them before AE anyways, so I'm not sure that counts. I'd love an AE meetup, but at this point in my life unless it was very close by I probably wouldn't be able to make it. I know I haven't been very active on here in the past few years, and I'm pretty horrible at keeping up with people but I still cherish all the friendships I have made with everyone on here.

I'd love an AE meetup, but at this point in my life unless it was very close by I probably wouldn't be able to make it. I know I haven't been very active on here in the past few years, and I'm pretty horrible at keeping up with people but I still cherish all the friendships I have made with everyone on here.

pretty sure AE Meetup/Orgy has just been a long run on inside joke for years now. a lot of members have met others in person through here already. i've met and hung out with three folks here too, hoping to meet the fourth early next year (but with the way things are, who knows).

friendships are what make this place flourish, and ironically it's kind of helped kill it too. meeting together, being on the phone, or through IM is more much easier and personal than a message board. which is sad. i love AE and never want to see it slow down.

Sorry! No Nicklesback!

a nickleback concert could save us. i'm not going to stand here and wait, Crube.

getting a betta tomorrow. the rabbit died a few days ago so lokis lonely. thats 2 deaths and 1 kitty moving away he's had to go through in his 1 and a half years. poor kitty

I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from collecting the first few issues of Batwoman, Legion of Super Heroes and Justice League Dark cuz boy howdy are they mediocre. I also wish I could go back in time to do a whole bunch of other thing but stopping myself from starting to collect mediocre comics is the first thing that jumps into my head.

I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from collecting the first few issues of Batwoman, Legion of Super Heroes and Justice League Dark cuz boy howdy are they mediocre. I also wish I could go back in time to do a whole bunch of other thing but stopping myself from starting to collect mediocre comics is the first thing that jumps into my head.

i want to go back in time to yesterday and tell Haya not waste his one tardis trip on reversing his decision to keep buying shitty comic books.

and sorry about your rabbit, Matt. my condolences :sad:

decided to get an ipad 3 through easyhome. i can see myself getting bored with it eventually and even if i don't i save money return it and have all the money i paid go into the bed i had to get through them and buy a new one. by that time theres probably going to be a new one out anyways

and loki doesn't seem to be too thrilled about his fish atm. i think he thinks its there to replace him. might take a week or 2

Really? I sorta' stopped buying comics a few months back, but I liked Batwoman and Justice League Dark. I saw some of the art changes in Batwoman and couple weeks ago and was really very sad - the style it had in issue 0 - 4 (I think it was 4) was amazing.

Really? I sorta' stopped buying comics a few months back, but I liked Batwoman and Justice League Dark. I saw some of the art changes in Batwoman and couple weeks ago and was really very sad - the style it had in issue 0 - 4 (I think it was 4) was amazing.

The writer JH Williams III, is also the artist. Thing is though he is doing the art for every other story arc. First arc ended with issue 5, issues 6 through 11 where done by two other artist. He'll be back on art agains with issue 12 ( due out this month), but the script and overall story just hasn't grabbed me at all. It was better when Greg Rucka was doing the writing for the story arc in Dectective Comics a while back. Sadley he writes for Marvel now so the likelyhood of him coming back is slim

-I've decided I am not going to attempt to finish the book I was in the middle of reading and simply restart it at some later time. Last time I read it was probably two years ago when I still worked and Barnes and Nobles and It was a pretty dry non-fiction book about zombies and voodoo culture in Jamiaca or whatever

oooh my goodness busier weekend than i had planed out for me...sleeping pretty much almost all sat with my boy...then going out to poke around ina store coming home to sleep some more...guess it was much needed...daughter was with grand ma most of the day...and sunday was wooo...clean day...i cleaned mine and neils room like a big much needed deep clean...ugh and then got to see my best friend from years back..she moved to another location of my town thats about maybe hr to half hr drive away so its not always possible to hang out with her...plus shes seeing someone and helping with the guy kids alot...so makes it even harder...let alone my own kids...then it was relaxing the rest of the day with my babies and emotional tired daughter...started playing episode 2 of walking dead...about maybe half way into it...cause i know they arent long...as i beat the 1st in one day....now for monday and i still feel tired...so maybe a short net break and not staying up till the wee hrs are in need...my bed time was 9/10 normally but staying up longer has put a toll on me...so wont be on as much maybe short period of time during the day but not for long....

i may be getting a chance to see the comic con in San deigo maybe next year there was talk between me and neil over it...and getting tickets soo i am excited for this...i havent been to one yet even though my city has there own....XD

I think that I need to change some things in my life... hrrmm

as long as its for the better you know then do it, i gotta do the same right now...stuff just gotta happen...just gotta