Accelerated Evolution
Sign in to follow this  
Ikari Warrior

Thinking of Getting some Anger Management

I was playing Mario Galaxy 2 today, and I was trying to do a level with a prankster comet. For those of you who haven't played the game, they take the level and fuck with it to make it harder, usually adding an arbitrary bullshit timer.

I died and got a game over and just flipped out. Shouting expletives like you heard in my X2 LP, and going so far as to throw my wii remote at my couch or into the little cagelike shelf that I keep my wii.

I'm wondering, with a temper like mine, if I should even be playing video games anymore? On the one hand, I'm tired of losing, on the other, I enjoy the challenge. But if the challenge is just going to piss me off such that I scream in vain and throw a juvenile hissy fit, that maybe I should just lay down the controller and call it quits?

I think I'm going to talk to my closest friends and see what they have to say, but I needed to vent this kind of self-depressing nonsense...better out than in.

Yeah you're completely fine until you hurt another person. I once cussed for about 30 minutes straight at a boss fight in Ultimate Spiderman. Which FYI was in fact being a tawdry fucking whore.

If you intentionally take that aggression out on a person who finds that kind of thing unwelcome... Well then that's no good and you may want to seek help . But emotional outburts are pretty normal.

Welcome to not being a robot! :mario:

You dont have a problem man, anger management is for people that get set off by any little thing. Like, say your girlfriend brought half and half creamer for your coffee instead of coffee cream. Your reaction to this would be yelling and screaming and being legitimately angry. At this point you should go get help.

I repress my anger almost to nil...unless of course I am online, then I cam spaz the fuck out on anyone with no reprocusions. lol

I can remember one time in particular thought hat had me fucking rage like none other in a video game. I was playing GT 4 or something for the PS2 and for the life of me I couldn't beat the race. I don't even fucking play racing games anhymore because of this, but I flipped the fuck out. Broke my controller, I screamed so loud I lost my voice and my room was a disaster.

I lost my cool, but it's cool...I found it again, and that's cool. lol

Yeah you're completely fine until you hurt another person. I once cussed for about 30 minutes straight at a boss fight in Ultimate Spiderman. Which FYI was in fact being a tawdry fucking whore.

If you intentionally take that aggression out on a person who finds that kind of thing unwelcome... Well then that's no good and you may want to seek help . But emotional outburts are pretty normal.

Welcome to not being a robot! :mario:

I'm curious what boss it was. I can think of several big bads who sucked. Actually, most of the bosses are horrible. The whole idea of combining an obnoxious semi-timed chase sequence with bosses who drop traps behind themselves and sometimes stand still for no reason just to force you to arrest your momentum (get too far away=fail)... It was just baaaad.

I think the one I liked the least was either Green Goblin or Venom.

I'm curious what boss it was. I can think of several big bads who sucked. Actually, most of the bosses are horrible. The whole idea of combining an obnoxious semi-timed chase sequence with bosses who drop traps behind themselves and sometimes stand still for no reason just to force you to arrest your momentum (get too far away=fail)... It was just baaaad.

I think the one I liked the least was either Green Goblin or Venom.

It was electro as venom where you had to chase him down.